• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

[LOL!] Dr.Brown

Mildly Menacing Medic
The market has not crashed at all. I do not understand why some people are going around saying that. I do 100's of trades per day.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Unfortunately many people have zero concept of what the term inflation means.

To sum up what has currently happened:

More metal is created every day, it is basically worthless, as the only thing you can really do with it is to craft weapons worth less than the metal, or hats. People with items backed by real money (Keys) decided to ask more and more, and now keys are worth 20 ref, because of all of the ref floating around out there that no one really wants.

Also, people with keys pretty much decided the same thing about all of the old "currency" items, such as bills hats and earbuds. I think buds are 3 keys, now.

Unusual hats are now valued in keys only, due to keys being the only TF2 item that has any sort of real "monetary" backing, as they only come from one place, and they cost a set amount.

[LOL!] Dr.Brown

Mildly Menacing Medic
To sum up what has currently happened:

More metal is created every day, it is basically worthless, as the only thing you can really do with it is to craft weapons worth less than the metal, or hats. People with items backed by real money (Keys) decided to ask more and more, and now keys are worth 20 ref, because of all of the ref floating around out there that no one really wants.

Also, people with keys pretty much decided the same thing about all of the old "currency" items, such as bills hats and earbuds. I think buds are 3 keys, now.

Unusual hats are now valued in keys only, due to keys being the only TF2 item that has any sort of real "monetary" backing, as they only come from one place, and they cost a set amount.

A great explanation imo for the most part. My minor disagreements - metal is far from worthless. Metal is traded for items every day. It is currency. It is one of the causes of inflation as new metal enters the market every second. I do not know why you would say nobody wants ref considering people use ref to purchase items all.day.long. 1 refined metal is $0.12 while one key is $2.49. Anyways, people running around screaming the market is dying/dead are hilariously ignorant. They just sound like bitter burned out people that need a break from the game.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
A great explanation imo for the most part. My minor disagreements - metal is far from worthless. Metal is traded for items every day. It is currency. It is one of the causes of inflation as new metal enters the market every second. I do not know why you would say nobody wants ref considering people use ref to purchase items all.day.long. 1 refined metal is $0.12 while one key is $2.49. Anyways, people running around screaming the market is dying/dead are hilariously ignorant. They just sound like bitter burned out people that need a break from the game.

It's worthless as far as "monetary value", however, craft hats have not really gone up in price at all, so now you can get decent cosmetics for just about every class for a couple of keys.

Edit: I have so many drop weapons now, that my current goal is to replace every unique weapon that I own with a self crafted one.

[LOL!] Dr.Brown

Mildly Menacing Medic
It's worthless as far as "monetary value", however, craft hats have not really gone up in price at all, so now you can get decent cosmetics for just about every class for a couple of keys.

Edit: I have so many drop weapons now, that my current goal is to replace every unique weapon that I own with a self crafted one.

its what dimes are to dollars, it is not worthless in monetary value terms. people buy refined for real cash every minute.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
its what dimes are to dollars, it is not worthless in monetary value terms. people buy refined for real cash every minute.

Unless you are going to use that ref immediately to trade for items, I see that being an insanely stupid proposition, due to the daily freefall in the value of refined. If you're not going to be using it to get items, its basically a wasted bp slot, imho.

[LOL!] Dr.Brown

Mildly Menacing Medic
Unless you are going to use that ref immediately to trade for items, I see that being an insanely stupid proposition, due to the daily freefall in the value of refined. If you're not going to be using it to get items, its basically a wasted bp slot, imho.

thats the thing, there is no daily freefall in the value of refined. keys have been worth 16 to 20 refined for the past how many months now? it has been relatively stable for the most part. keys are your "dollar" bills and scrap, reclaimed, and refined are your pennies, nickels, dimes roughly speaking for analogy purposes.

tshot

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It is still going strong. Granted, the market did crash a while ago so trading is not as fun or effective anymore. You will always find good servers. Great communities as well. Still a very fun game.