sov

Legendary Skial King
Yesterday I did a speed-test on my PC's internet because I got a new gigabit network adapter. So with my ethernet cable in, I did a speed-test.net test and I got 8 bits per second when I should be getting 25 bits per second. the AT&T guy came today and basically in the end he went to speed test on my PC and it got 8 bits a second. He took the ethernet cable out of my PC and plugged it into my laptop which got 25 bits per second...

That means it has something to do with my PC :( HELP

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Uninstall hamachi/virtualbox/anything installing weird network drivers and try again.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Not sure what else could mess with my network drivers... So here it is.

4RCVf2c.jpg
2VL39ON.jpg
AYdtTDN.jpg
1KFV9vN.jpg

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yesterday I did a speed-test on my PC's internet because I got a new gigabit network adapter. So with my ethernet cable in, I did a speed-test.net test and I got 8 bits per second when I should be getting 25 bits per second. the AT&T guy came today and basically in the end he went to speed test on my PC and it got 8 bits a second. He took the ethernet cable out of my PC and plugged it into my laptop which got 25 bits per second...

That means it has something to do with my PC :( HELP
You may have some kind of infection on your system. Try running a couple scanners, like Malwarebytes or something similar.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I made a CD copy of my PC almost two years ago (dammit) and I will just reboot my PC.. Honestly don't care about game data but I will have to move my TF2 scripts and stuff before I reboot.

AUGHH, Open Broadcaster Software was a paint to setup -.- and now I have to make sure mouse acceleration doesn't activate in anything again.

Update: Oh my... this is a lot more painful than I originally planned it to be. Borderlands 2, Saint's Row 3, Just Cause 2! Titan's Quest, Assassins Creed Revelations and Walking Dead! Please tell me data saves to cloud.

Last edited:

sov

Legendary Skial King
If I just copy everything inside the /teamfortress2 folder and replace those files on my new save will I get VAC banned?
^NVM, just moving scripts and HUD and hitsounds, etc.

Just taking pre-cautions.

Last edited:

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If I just copy everything inside the /teamfortress2 folder and replace those files on my new save will I get VAC banned?
^NVM, just moving scripts and HUD and hitsounds, etc.

Just taking pre-cautions.
You can copy steamapps folder in its entirety without a problem. VAC bans are caused by cheating, not copying files.

Reactions: sov

sov

Legendary Skial King
Nope... I am still finding a way. When I get home I will post a screenshot of something that might be the problem.

sov

Legendary Skial King
MS717PX.jpg

Where it says speed I have heard that it can be changed to 100 Mbps. My internet was recently upgraded to 45 mbps and I get 39.91 Mbps with Wi-fi. Anyway to raise and change that 10.0 Mbps? Does it even do anything? From what i understood, it kind of caps the Mbps, I may be wrong though.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
MS717PX.jpg

Where it says speed I have heard that it can be changed to 100 Mbps. My internet was recently upgraded to 45 mbps and I get 39.91 Mbps with Wi-fi. Anyway to raise and change that 10.0 Mbps? Does it even do anything? From what i understood, it kind of caps the Mbps, I may be wrong though.
On that window, click properties goto advanced and set speed/duplex to auto.
5d5ea40e54.png

Reactions: sov and Chance

sov

Legendary Skial King
Well the solution worked for a few days, now I am back to where i am with hard wired, learned that the hard way while playing... is the something I can download?