staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So I've started using hammer a bit more, but have come into an issue when I use the Run Map command. Basically the editor freezes, and vvis.exe, a compiling component for the map, also stops.

This happens on any map that I try to compile, even on simple maps that are literally just a platform sorrounded by skyboxes.

Here's my console output:
2d68998e50df1ecea7baa691c45f1c94.png

Also the compiler says that the map is leaked, however there are no areas on the map where a hole has been opened to the void. I'm certain that's the issue, so if someone could help me figure out what's wrong, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Help?

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
Entity info_player_terrorist (-40.01 -42.27 65.00) leaked!
there's an entity somewhere in the void causing the issue. removing it should fix everything.
the .LIN pointfile is useless in this case, assuming you're correct about the map being properly sealed. instead, use the Entity Report dialog and double-click each info_player_terrorist until you find the one outside of the map.

Last edited:

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
there's an entity somewhere in the void causing the issue. removing it should fix everything.
the .LIN pointfile is useless in this case, assuming you're correct about the map being properly sealed. instead, use the Entity Report dialog and double-click each info_player_terrorist until you find the one outside of the map.
Nah, I already tried that.

From what I can tell, my editor is setting all the walls and everything I create to func_detail, which cannot be used to seal off a map. Do you know what the default func_ is for walls? Is it func_brush, or what?

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
From what I can tell, my editor is setting all the walls and everything I create to func_detail, which cannot be used to seal off a map.
sounds like you were tying every brush you were making to an entity. were you hitting CTRL+T after each use of the block tool?