Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Halo (3) was the first FPS game I really played. I didn't even own it, I had to go to a friends house to play. It was mind blowing awesome, and so Halo is pretty nostalgic for me. And the other day, I was really itching to play it. Don't own a console, and Microsoft never really released any Halo content on PC. After some looking around, I was amazed to find this ...

TL: DR They've remade Halo 3 Multiplayer for PC: Halo Online

I've been playing it for the past 2 days, and it's wicked fun. Really brings back the memories. I was thinking ...
"this has to be wonky as heck." The download, the run, and the game run really smoothly. Even on my 2012 craptop.

Download: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/comments/423you/0501/ It's hosted by reddit. The Game is only 2.56GB (I used the Mega site to download it)

Help with Download:
1) Go to the site and download the file ElDewrito file.
2) While that's happening, go to your documents (you can make this anywhere, but many use my docs) and make a new folder called "Halo Online"
3) When the download is complete, extract it's files into your new "Halo Online," folder.
4) After that, go to the file tpi
mX7tOWY.png

In this file, you're gonna find two files with applications in them: directx and vc2012_redist
QDUVqXD.png

99% of people should already have these, but just in case, run them anyway.

5) DewritoUpdater and see if the game needs to update or not. If you don't have to, just hit PLAY GAME. Batta bing, batta boom. Ya done.
Tips Ingame:
1 - The controller buttons A and B have been moved to PC. Keys: A (accept, click, enter) and B (close, esc), like a controller.
2 - To quick open the Server Menu, press F11.
3 - To customize your character, before launching the game, while in the DewritoUpdater, open the tab Customization. It will have all the colors and armors.
4 - The Mouse Sensitivity sucks. Boot it from 25 to 55.

See you Spartans on the field.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Never really been a big fan of Halo, I did however like Halo Combat Evolved so it could be the controller that throws me off when playing. I'll probably try this out.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is it possible to use a controller with this or no? I have InputMapper but I'm not sure if the game is compatible with a PS4 controller.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Whatever you do, don't join a MLG server. Ever heard 8 Gordon Ramsay's yelling at you to leave becase you don't have FaZe in your name?

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Holy shit dude Halo was my first FPS game, too. I loved and still love the series to this day.
I might try this, seems interesting.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It doesn't seem like I'm able to connect to anything on there.
I think I read somewhere were they just switched their servers host. I think they'll be releasing a update soon for it.

Because I was able to play right up until today, when I kept getting the error saying Cannot Connet to IRC servers. Attempt Soognet or something.

I'm reading on how to manually fix this.

I was hoping I'd never have to make a reddit account, but I might have to ask about the IRC error.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I downloaded it this morning and played it for an hour or so. Where's Blood Gulch? What do you mean no Blood Gulch?
3jSw1e9.jpg