PK4L1F3

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
currently they both worth about the same.

Just wondering which will be better?

The msi isnt twin frozer or power edition its just the oc'd edition.

MSI 660-2G/D5 OC 2GB DDR5 GTX660-OC PCI-E VGA Card
Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD 2GB GTX 660OC PCI-E VGA Card

I dont really care about its looks. im more interested in which performs better.

the games i am going to play on are going to be:

crysis2, crysis3, bf3, bl2, tf2, dead island 1,2, gta 4, SR3. I was wondering if i could get 60+fpson them

just wanted some opinions on what graphics card i should get?

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
I'd honestly put my trust into EVGA or ASUS. I've heard a lot of good from both MSI and GIGABYTE, but ASUS and EVGA keep the cards practically the same as they'd be straight from NVIDIA, and also NVIDIA has a more solid partnership with EVGA and ASUS.

Reactions: PK4L1F3

PK4L1F3

I'd honestly put my trust into EVGA or ASUS. I've heard a lot of good from both MSI and GIGABYTE, but ASUS and EVGA keep the cards practically the same as they'd be straight from NVIDIA, and also NVIDIA has a more solid partnership with EVGA and ASUS.

Thanks for the comment. I actually wanted to buy a EVGA but they don't sell those in Australia. ASUS is a bit too costly for me. but thanks for the comment.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Thanks for the comment. I actually wanted to buy a EVGA but they don't sell those in Australia. ASUS is a bit too costly for me. but thanks for the comment.

They're about the same in terms of quality, but I guess MSI might be the better choice.

idaeanat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Msi and gigabyte both make great coolers, and Asus and EVGA are overpriced. Get the MSI as it is cheaper.

PK4L1F3

Msi and gigabyte both make great coolers, and Asus and EVGA are overpriced. Get the MSI as it is cheaper.

The msi is $4 cheaper but only provides 1 fan as the gigabyte edition provides 2 fans. i would be willing to pay an extra $4 for a fan. but thanks for the information, +useful!

PK4L1F3

idaeanat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Correct me if im wrong but apparently if used a amd card with my intel processor. i wouldnt get as much performance as a nvidia graphics card.

Not to be mean or anything but this is utter bs.

Here are some 7870 benchmarks run on an intel system to soothe your mind
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/857

Obviously you'll need to spend a lot more to run Crysis 3 at 60FPS on high with aa, but I think you could run medium with FXAA 8x no problem

Reactions: PK4L1F3