flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, I'm killing a few guards, I run away, then I head into the Tardis. Nobody saw where I went, and I escaped undetected. Then, one of the guards who I killed switched to my team, spectated me and told the guards that I was headed to the armory. I've been killed so many times just because some dickhead reveals my position, so can we make ghosting against the rules?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When its 1 scout who is just hiding in a hard to reach place it's okay.

But, how ever, it is bullshit when a BLU switches to RED to ghost

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
+1

Revealing others' locations should be under the "greifing"classification. It would help in many situations in jailbreak.

Edit: Under exception, it should be allowed where the player is AFK, or if the player is greifing or if they are holding up the game when only one player on a team is left.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I usually call people out on it and they shut up, it was in drum's attempted rules list, but I don't think it was ever made official. So +1.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This sounds like griefing so wouldn't it just fall under the griefing rule?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Griefing is defined as hurting your team technically this is helping your team
You are still griefing an individual player.

Also since everyone needs to cooperate in order for this game mode to work, you're basically griefing the server.

I haven't played jailbreak though so maybe I am wrong. I'm just saying it sounds like our current rules cover this sort of thing.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I warn, kick, and then ban for ghosting, depending on the situation.

Absolutely not. Ghosting can be very necessary when there are seven minutes and one hiding guard left.

This is when ghosting is okay, normally it's not because it's someone switching to red or a red person just giving away a person's location.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I warn, kick, and then ban for ghosting, depending on the situation.

This is when ghosting is okay, normally it's not because it's someone switching to red or a red person just giving away a person's location.
If ghosting ends up forbidden, we won't have that necessary exception.

All of my -Dave.