Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I've heard rumors there's around 1,300+ that exist. (More rare than the HOUWAR), and they're going to be sold for buds. I don't think that's necessarily accurate, so I think I could use some input from you guys.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
I've heard rumors there's around 1,300+ that exist. (More rare than the HOUWAR), and they're going to be sold for buds. I don't think that's necessarily accurate, so I think I could use some input from you guys.
Anybody who thinks that scarcity determines the price of an item needs a smack upside the head.
Buds and Bills have been established as a unit of currency. Tons of people have them. How common they are has nothing to do with the price.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Oh yeah, and the fact it had a window of being obtained was 3 days, it's kill icon is awesome, it's used by 7 classes, and it looks amazing with the goldent eagle at the end. Seen people who have it sell it on outpost for 2 buds.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Oh yeah, and the fact it had a window of being obtained was 3 days, it's kill icon is awesome, it's used by 7 classes, and it looks amazing with the goldent eagle at the end. Seen people who have it sell it on outpost for 2 buds.
They may be worth quite a bit in time, but multiple buds is ridiculous.

Also, 2 buds on a new item is typical of TF2O.

the dealer

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Sorry to burst your bubble but there are close to 4000 of them actually. Also, no matter how rare, weapons never go for more than a few keys at the very most. This is because it takes up your weapon slot so it hinders your actual playing, whereas something cosmetic like Bills or Buds are expensive because people take it as currency and because they actually look decent. The Freedom Staff looks alright, but you wouldn't be holding that stick all over the place when you are playing. It is also just like the default melee weapon. Take the Genuine Maul or Genuine Righteous Bison. The Maul is 7-8 keys on spreadsheet and the Bison is 2 keys. There are only 2000 Genuine Mauls, and it is the only promo in the set, which makes it even more expensive. And unlike the staff it is not a default melee weapon (though it's true that the staff can be used by a lot more classes, it really doesn't outweigh the fact that it is default). There are 5000 Bisons. Therefore, the price would be around 4 keys, I would think. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spy and Medic suits from the Total War collection go for even more, because people like suits and they look very good, from what I think personally and from what other people have been saying, even though they are much more abundant. Those I would think would go around 5 keys each on the first day.

http://stats.tf/item/880/The_Freedom_Staff

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Well alright.. everyone on outpost is offering Unusuals + low craft number items (10s), Buds, etc. You can't really say something is not valuable because YOU don't think they look that great, because everyone else is raving over these things. I'll be sure to tell you guys how much I sell it for, hopefully what I'm saying is the truth. It's very confusing ATM. I'm not trying to argue with you but I am almost certain I can get at least a decent unusual from this set.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well alright.. everyone on outpost is offering Unusuals + low craft number items (10s), Buds, etc. You can't really say something is not valuable because YOU don't think they look that great, because everyone else is raving over these things. I'll be sure to tell you guys how much I sell it for, hopefully what I'm saying is the truth. It's very confusing ATM. I'm not trying to argue with you but I am almost certain I can get at least a decent unusual from this set.
If people are offering unusuals, they're idiots.

KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Link me please. Gib me da proof. :l After the maintenance

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I've heard rumors there's around 1,300+ that exist. (More rare than the HOUWAR)
There were only around 300 Houwars given out anno : )

By the way item rarity means nothing, see uncraftable Vita-saw. Or Flies Dread Knot, there are only 8 of them exist, while there are 8 000+ Max heads. Which one's worth more?

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Link me please. Gib me da proof. :l After the maintenance
Sure thing, I've seen for ex. someone offered a steaming hat, + #2 Doctor's Sack for it. I forgot the hat, but it was a pretty good looking one.

There were only around 300 Houwars given out anno : )

By the way item rarity means nothing, see uncraftable Vita-saw. Or Flies Dread Knot, there are only 8 of them exist, while there are 8 000+ Max heads. Which one's worth more?

I already added the other reasons it is up in price too.

EDIT: Oh, they are offering unusuals for the whole set, that's what I mean. >.<

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is why I don't trade yet. I don't even understand the game yet to even know what I have or need.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Oh yeah, and the fact it had a window of being obtained was 3 days, it's kill icon is awesome, it's used by 7 classes, and it looks amazing with the goldent eagle at the end.
Every one of the 7 classes have a better meele option than Vanilla, maybe the Demo is an exception if you don't play 5cp but there's the pan then : )

Seen people who have it sell it on outpost for 2 buds.
Well alright.. everyone on outpost is offering Unusuals + low craft number items (10s), Buds, etc.
Bear it in mind that people try to hype the new items without an established price, it's common practice on outpost that all of those offers are fake c/o-s, friends offering on each other's items to get the price higher.

CommanderDude7

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
The price on these will be lower and lower the longer it takes Valve to make them tradeable just like the Sleeping Dog promos. People will get tired of waiting with their low unusual offers on the set and go elsewhere.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bear it in mind that people try to hype the new items without an established price, it's common practice on outpost that all of those offers are fake c/o-s, friends offering on each other's items to get the price higher.
just like the fate of my favorite hat, the ebeneezer.

sov

Legendary Skial King
http://backpack.tf/vote/id/50694aa149d7b80d51000000
check that out

read the last part. I copied it just for you guys... "Item has been getting offers of 4-5 keys. #3 link has an offer of 5 keys pure. Things to consider: this item looks cool, it's all-class, and is a promo, demand is bound to be high"
you guys agree that there are, what 1400 to 4,000 . its an all class item that everyone wants. I want it! It has the cools tip, it looks sick of soldier and scout also!

sov

Legendary Skial King
http://backpack.tf/vote/id/50694aa149d7b80d51000000
check that out

read the last part. I copied it just for you guys... "Item has been getting offers of 4-5 keys. #3 link has an offer of 5 keys pure. Things to consider: this item looks cool, it's all-class, and is a promo, demand is bound to be high"
you guys agree that there are, what 1400 to 4,000 . its an all class item that everyone wants. I want it! It has the cools tip, it looks sick of soldier and scout also!

based on the high demands and so little of these, that means people will want them moar and moar. I predict these could be rare and many people will want them in the near future.