Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
I'm willing to spend $65 max, but looking for something cheaper if possible.

I need something comfortable for a few hours gaming at a time. A good quality, long lasting mic for team comms

Bear in mind i am from the UK so availability and pricing may differ

So far i'm considering these products
Thermatake eSPORTS Shock
1562858-a.jpg

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Tactic
41PdoLYcxJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Any recommendations are welcome
:D

Anon

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Plantronics Gamecom 7.1 surround sound headphones going for less than 60 on Amazon. Not a bad set for the price. Would link it all but I'm on my phone and that is to much work lol

Lazlo

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
My turtle beaches X11's were fine, but after the year I've had with them they're all ready falling apart.
snapshot000000.jpg

Overall its mic quality is pretty good and so is sound, but they're fragile as fuck.

krze

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I wouldn't go for any gaming gimmick headphones. Like Logitech/Razor/Plantronics - they are made cheap and do not deliver good sound quality. With such a low budget I would check out lower end head phones from Sennheiser or JVC and just attach a mic to them.

Some that may be in your price range:
  • Sennheiser HD 202 (~$25)
  • Sennheiser HD 428 (~$55) *What I would go for at your budget.*
  • JVC HARX700 (~$30)
  • JVC HAS700 (~$30)

And just add this Zalman ZM-MIC to the mix and you're golden for a budget sound set up.

Anon

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I wouldn't go for any gaming gimmick headphones. Like Logitech/Razor/Plantronics - they are made cheap and do not deliver good sound quality. With such a low budget I would check out lower end head phones from Sennheiser or JVC and just attach a mic to them.

Some that may be in your price range:
  • Sennheiser HD 202 (~$25)
  • Sennheiser HD 428 (~$55) *What I would go for at your budget.*
  • JVC HARX700 (~$30)
  • JVC HAS700 (~$30)
And just add this Zalman ZM-MIC to the mix and you're golden for a budget sound set up.
I just figured he'd want something in his price range that had decent sound AND a microphone. If you wanna go audiophile, I have other suggestions...just sayin lol

krze

Contributor
I just figured he'd want something in his price range that had decent sound AND a microphone. If you wanna go audiophile, I have other suggestions...just sayin lol
I never said anything to you.. so not sure what to say? But if you have suggestions.. please do post them. They might help others.

Anon

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I never said anything to you.. so not sure what to say? But if you have suggestions.. please do post them. They might help others.
Not directly no...lol...but you bashed my suggestion (plantronics). Ive had my set for 3 years with no breakage and the audio quality isnt audiophile level but it is good for the price range and had a built in mic.
Plantronics_gamecom367_A__68352_zoom.jpg

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
My turtle beaches X11's were fine, but after the year I've had with them they're all ready falling apart.
snapshot000000.jpg

Overall its mic quality is pretty good and so is sound, but they're fragile as fuck.
Just got a set of X12's. Out of the box, the mic didn't work.
:D

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Thanks for the recommendations.
I just want something good quality that will last.

I currently torn between Creative Labs Blastic Tactic Sigma, and Plantronics Gamecon 7.1 Headsets.
Out of the two, do any of you think either one is better?

krze

Contributor
Not directly no...lol...but you bashed my suggestion (plantronics). Ive had my set for 3 years with no breakage and the audio quality isnt audiophile level but it is good for the price range and had built in mic.
Yea I understand. I didn't mean to bash you, I just didn't want to suggest something I don't particularly agree with (gimmick headsets). I have used Logitech and Plantronics before. Just not good experiences with them, terrible audio quality and the mics weren't very good or they'd up breaking fast. I just didn't know what I was buying, I bought anything that said "gaming" in it and I wish I had someone to tell me differently. So that is why I am trying to help the OP out with so he doesn't feel like he wasted money on a bad quality headset.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Thanks for the recommendations.
I just want something good quality that will last.

I currently torn between Creative Labs Blastic Tactic Sigma, and Plantronics Gamecon 7.1 Headsets.
Out of the two, do any of you think either one is better?
Wouldn't bother with surround on headsets, much less at your price range.

If I may make a suggestion, get something with leather ear pads (pleather works as well). Cloth is nearly impossible to really clean, so after a year or two they'll be dirty regardless of how clean you are. Leather, you just wipe it off and you're done.

Razer Banshee all the way for me. Yes they have a starcraft and were made for starcraft. But they work fine in other games. They say they are for starcraft because of how they made the headset look like.

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
Turtle Beaches are over-rated as Fuck. Buy a nice Logitech headset or something. I've had my G35's for over a year, and haven't had a single problem with them since I bought them.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Ending up buying the Plantronics Gamecon 380
Would have brought the 7.1 headset from them but i need money for other things right now

Thanks to all who posted recommendations