• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This makes me wish I had a better computer. I used to be able to rocket jump like this back in my Quake days, but I can hardly run TF2 worth a damn, so there's no way I can do this anymore. :(

EDIT: Some of this Pryo/Demo stuff I'd probably never be able to do, though. Holy shit.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i personally never took the time to jump like this. never really saw the point if u can't do it in game. i suck at jumping anyway.

President Banana

Trade Banned
1Mm45.jpg

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This makes me wish I had a better computer. I used to be able to rocket jump like this back in my Quake days, but I can hardly run TF2 worth a damn, so there's no way I can do this anymore. :(

EDIT: Some of this Pryo/Demo stuff I'd probably never be able to do, though. Holy shit.
Indeed, makes me think of quake as well, that video looks like defrag for tf2.., and as a footnote, probably the best tf2 video i seen compiled.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Disagree about soldier being the easiest, a certain large russian still owns that title - but I must say the video is quite impressing, I thought I was a good soldier but this fellow could slaughter me as far as rocket jumping goes.

edit:
and wow at that demoman stuff.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
The Demo and Solly stuff is day-to-day stuff on Jump Maps, besides the Enemy Sollys firing Rockets at other Enemy Solly's feet. That, I've never seen before. The Pyro stuff is amazing though.

you can trust my hooves

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I'm trying to get better in rocket jumping in the last time, and I made some progress. The key seems to be to just mess around on any map you like and get a feeling for it (and of course to watch some educational videos that inspire you to try the right things). Try anything. But: You will need A LOT of hours to get to an advanced level. And those master skills in videos like the embedded are (presumably) achievable for freaks only. You don't need it to be a good soldier anyway.

BTW, on a local server (wait 800 is right for me, maybe you have to adjust):
sv_cheats 1
alias my_godmode "impulse 101; wait 800; my_godmode"
my_godmode