Wind The Fool

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Every day we get people who don't understand that the discord is not for bans or reports. Despite what we try and do they just won't shut up. Here's some proposals to force people to read for once.

1) Prohibit talking until they agree to that via reactions on a message.
Just as it says on the tin. That could do wonders for all I know

2) Punish those who don't understand the concept of 'Go on the forums instead'
If option 1 doesn't work, warn or punish those who cannot read. A firm warning from a bot could do, or even a mute

3) Put the server on the medium verification level
This gives a user enough time to read all there is to know before speaking. While it is rather odd it must be done.

4) A mix of 2 and 3
Enforcing a rule to read alongside prohibiting users to chat for 5 minutes is ideal, right?

Pick one of these with the poll provided above.

*Edits are grammatical/spelling changes as I see them.

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Or you could make a channel specifically for these people, use this to funnel them to the forum.
Swim with the flow, not against it.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Or you could make a channel specifically for these people, use this to funnel them to the forum.
Swim with the flow, not against it.
Channel already exists

We have it explicitly stated in our welcome screen and member screening pages on our Discord that appeals and reports go on the forum. It may work for new users joining, but not for existing members. Constantly have to point them to the aforementioned channel telling them where they go

Even then, its not gonna stop them from trying, they'll either give up or double down

Reactions: worMatty

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Then you have no option but to kick people who refuse to 'shut up' about their ban from discord.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
yknow some servers have a thing that you have to react to a certain message to get perms to the discord, just set it to that and if they still do it then i shit you not i will watch the entire adam sandler movie pixels, including credits

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Make them kneel and put a gun to their head. They have to read all of it out loud like the lords prayer.

goldencheeze

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I think discord added a new thing for communities where you can force them to read the rules instead of use a reaction role, but you need to enable it on your server

Reactions: worMatty

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
I think discord added a new thing for communities where you can force them to read the rules instead of use a reaction role, but you need to enable it on your server
Indeed, that's the screening system Jermaphobe referred to. It fulfils the same function as a reaction role or chat command verification system. I was going to suggest it but was pleased to see Jermaphobe say it's already in use.

The server admin is able to see which items of the Welcome screen new joiners clicked. It's very useful in understanding how effective your instructions are!

DarkestPrayer69

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
how do you even join? there should be the invite link available on the site and forums not just through the server