Pot Head Wabbit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Can we get the !hidesmoke command to actually function, or just remove smokes out right. I don't think anyone likes them but the people who only come on here to troll, the same people who jump in the office pit.

Sore

+1 If you try !hidesmoke the smoke doesn't hide.
IF you did !hidesmoke before the smoke still doesn't hide.

Fred dat lego

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
This is kinda annoying when doing parkour but sometimes helpful for avoiding traps or tricking gayle. Right now I will say +1 for fixing this feature instead of removing it.

Sore

ALL deathrun servers don't have !smoke except skial. That's why.
If you use !smoke, it doesn't distract from what Hale is doing.
The griefing rule exists. so they should be banned for killing their teammates?

No one knows who used the smoke command.

My final answer is. +1.

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
I dont think I have ever seen smokes used for the intended purpose, on my old steam account I had a couple 100 hours played on deathrun servers and yet the only time I ever saw smoke used was mainly at the start of spinner minigames which killed half the team.

The only way I can see smoke staying on the deathrun server is to make it really transparent for the runners and keep it how it already is right now for the hale only if thats even possible otherwise people will just keep complaining about the smoke because of how annoying it is and how the command doesnt work half the time

Pot Head Wabbit

I find it hilarious when it is used and then so many people(including myself) die from it.
its so funny when there's a cramped minigame (like wii bowling on dr_lazytown) and half the server dies to one funny pyro with a !smoke bind ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

arctic dino

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
The smoke is also unoptimized as hell making my framerate drop from 130 fps to 60 fps.

Remove it.

Hiiglane

-1, I like the smoke and it adds a bit of player-caused chaos whenever things get boring or repetitive. A bit of salt never hurt anyone, honestly.

The only real issue I think needs to be addressed with it is the FPS drop that way it's actually a smoke-bomb and not an FPS-bomb.
I don't think it'll ever be used for unironically tricking hale, but it's current implementation of just fucking with other teammates usually leads to some funny stuff happening so I can't really be against it. That and I'm biased as the smoke doesn't personally performance-bomb my pc.

The griefing rule exists. so they should be banned for killing their teammates?

No one knows who used the smoke command.
Honestly something interesting to consider under skials rulings but... I'd prefer they not do that. Skial is already finger deep in the fuckin rear of people trying to have fun or fucking around, banning people for a server-side command that has so little actual value in an unironic usage would be some dystopian shit. Like, at the end of the day, Pyro doesn't come with a smoke command in the actual game. They chose for that command to be there, and the command itself is extremely limited in actual usage, so I'd rather it either get changed, or be removed entirely. Getting people banned over a command the server provides itself with another command to disable it so it doesn't interfere with your gameplay would be stupid and draw more questions to why its even there in the first place.

Skial already reacts way too harshly to people griefing for like one round out of 2-3 hours of playtime, the last thing we need is more meaningless infractions that only serve to lessen the active players that keep DR alive.

• Troll
Reactions: Sore and Genger

Pot Head Wabbit

-1, I like the smoke and it adds a bit of player-caused chaos whenever things get boring or repetitive. A bit of salt never hurt anyone, honestly.

The only real issue I think needs to be addressed with it is the FPS drop that way it's actually a smoke-bomb and not an FPS-bomb.
I don't think it'll ever be used for unironically tricking hale, but it's current implementation of just fucking with other teammates usually leads to some funny stuff happening so I can't really be against it. That and I'm biased as the smoke doesn't personally performance-bomb my pc.

Honestly something interesting to consider under skials rulings but... I'd prefer they not do that. Skial is already finger deep in the fuckin rear of people trying to have fun or fucking around, banning people for a server-side command that has so little actual value in an unironic usage would be some dystopian shit. Like, at the end of the day, Pyro doesn't come with a smoke command in the actual game. They chose for that command to be there, and the command itself is extremely limited in actual usage, so I'd rather it either get changed, or be removed entirely. Getting people banned over a command the server provides itself with another command to disable it so it doesn't interfere with your gameplay would be stupid and draw more questions to why its even there in the first place.

Skial already reacts way too harshly to people griefing for like one round out of 2-3 hours of playtime, the last thing we need is more meaningless infractions that only serve to lessen the active players that keep DR alive.
This is so fun and balanced guys, I love getting killed by griefers/exploiters. The two screenshots below were in the span of 10 minutes tell me one good reason pyro should be able to grief the entire team and get away with it because "skial has it enabled that must mean its good" logic.
https://prnt.sc/bhhrb2a6X62Fhttps://prnt.sc/oUUHNg-o-MYZ

Hiiglane

This is so fun and balanced guys, I love getting killed by griefers/exploiters. The two screenshots below were in the span of 10 minutes tell me one good reason pyro should be able to grief the entire team and get away with it because "skial has it enabled that must mean its good" logic.
https://prnt.sc/bhhrb2a6X62Fhttps://prnt.sc/oUUHNg-o-MYZ
I never said it was balanced, and it's fine if you don't find it fun. Personally, I enjoy it.

They should be able to get away with it because it isn't a big deal, it only ever affects smaller minigames and it rarely gets used. Also, thirdperson kinda helps alleviate the smoke when it happens if that helps you.

Reactions: Genger

Genger

Banned
Aight look I get it that not every person likes smoke. But you gotta understand that there are people who do enjoy it or find it funny. Also if you die to the smoke, that's on you to be honest.

Pot Head Wabbit

Aight look I get it that not every person likes smoke. But you gotta understand that there are people who do enjoy it or find it funny. Also if you die to the smoke, that's on you to be honest.
maybe it would be more user error if the smoke wasn't known for dropping fps as well as blocking your vision.