WhatAmI

Uncharitable Spy
The current attempts at fixing Hale have not been so successful:

Hale spawn on dr_ancient_memes

As seen here, his HP was lowered so much to the point where he's easily instakilled at the beginning of the map, thus ending the round in less than 10 seconds.

The map above's fight minigame with the new changes.

The older reports to fix Hale were complaints about his ability to heal with kits, that was the only issue about the prolonged fight minigame, his HP wasn't an issue at all.
A fix i see to the problem is to revert his HP to what was before, but remove his ability to heal with kits, that way hale doesn't actually prolong the fight minigame or exploit in someway.

An additional problem to DR is the BFB's exploitable speed boost but i've already made a previous suggestion about that.

BFB suggestion

• Dumb
Reactions: TheEventGuy

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Reactions: Skull1

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
The old hale plugin was broken in a different way to how it is now, hence why it was changed and why a revert was rejected. It wouldn't solve the issue, it'd just turn it into a different one.
Nobody likes deathrun neu plugin i think bottiger should just revert vsh plugin and then fix hale hp for being too immune to a little strong and that's all
So trigger_hurt can hurt hale a little quick

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
is that your guys solution to just attempt to patch literally every single map with a fight/minigame instead of properly fixing the plugin? sounds like a pretty lazy thing for skial to do.

It sounds like you don't fully understand the work required to do either thing.

As standard, Deathrun Neu dynamically scales the activator(s) health automatically. This cannot be shut off, and it interferes with maps which have their own balancing solutions. If it's disabled now, it's probably because Bottiger modified the code and recompiled the plugin. Reverting to the original version would require very little effort. The plugin is not broken and does not require 'fixing'. This is just the behaviour the plugin coder chose to adopt.

Having the plugin scale health for all maps is not the best solution. It solves problems in older maps, but it creates new ones for modern maps. It also restricts future ones. Innovation and originality is so important to keep a game mode alive, so you wouldn't want future maps to only offer the same experiences as older ones because the map authors' hands are tied by what the plugin is doing.

Yes, I am offering to look into the old problematic maps and come up with solutions which benefit all deathrun servers. This may take the form of a config file for each map which makes changes on the server, and does not require editing the map. It is not an inconsiderate amount of work, but I believe it is best for the future health of the game mode. I am not sure if I should feel insulted at the apparent implication that this is the lazy option?

So I would still appreciate being given a list of the problematic maps.

Nobody likes deathrun neu plugin i think bottiger should just revert vsh plugin and then fix hale hp for being too immune to a little strong and that's all
So trigger_hurt can hurt hale a little quick

I think it's a bit disingenuous to say that nobody likes Deathrun Neu.

The player only notices the things that are different from what they know. These things can be modified if needed. It just takes time, some coding, and some discussion about the best way to approach a problem.

Spare a thought for the people maintaining the server, who code their own plugins! From their point of view, Deathrun Neu could be a dream to work with because it's cleaner, more modern, and doesn't have layers of outdated irrelevant code.