-Wolfrenium-

Uncharitable Spy
hello, i want to see if there is a way to nerf darth vader boss, and here is why:
1.- His class is a pyro, so its invulnerable to afterburn effects
2.- His melee gets you get on fire, if you survive there have to find a medic or a hp pack or you are going to be dead yes or yes
3.- His rage.... its horribe, it gives him a detonator and a hability of "chain lightning" (completely unecessary) that can end the round with 3 players left, and the detonator has the hability to eplode when you right ckick, and its radious is exagerated, ha can even kill you if you are behind a wall or can kill a gigantic crew that is in a same place

the chain lightning is just overpowered and not necessary, only makes the boss annoying and more with that detonator, that can kill more than 5 players at one if you make the flare explode.
skial, pls nerf

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
oAz25.gif

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think most people on the freakfortress server doesn't visit the forums, and a lot of people here on the forums don't play freak fortress.

Because of this you're probably not going to get much for responses.

If you want you can link this suggestion in the server from time to time

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
Chain lightning, after damage nerf, is actually pretty fair now. Only times it's annoying is when there's only a few players left and it insta-kills everyone. (IMO it should scale the damage down with less players alive)

Right now, his biggest problem is the detonator. It's broken, to say the least. Instant >100 damage in a large radius with 9 dmg afterburn. And you get what, 4-5 shots?

Please fix it...

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
Chain lighting is just about the opposite of fair IMO, it:
-takes no skill to use just clicking, even gaben's rage, often thought of as one of the most annoying, still needs some skill to pull of well.
-the damage scaling idea would be great, but it's still annoying at any stage of the game if 3 or 4 players are just randomly killed
-it can hit through walls, seems really stupid and can be easily exploited with maps where the boss can easily damage themselves to farm rage

couple of other things:
-detonator is no more broken than bill's shotgun imho
-why is his health in lives, he's like the only boss who has this, just a general question

Whip.

Meebas

Mapper
Chain lighting is just about the opposite of fair IMO, it:
-takes no skill to use just clicking, even gaben's rage, often thought of as one of the most annoying, still needs some skill to pull of well.
-the damage scaling idea would be great, but it's still annoying at any stage of the game if 3 or 4 players are just randomly killed
-it can hit through walls, seems really stupid and can be easily exploited with maps where the boss can easily damage themselves to farm rage

couple of other things:
-detonator is no more broken than bill's shotgun imho
-why is his health in lives, he's like the only boss who has this, just a general question

Whip.

I agree that the 'RMB to damage the entire server through walls' thing is skill-less and not fun. Now, on average, without any medics, it kills about 4 people. Still bullcrap, but still not as bad as Gaben's rage. With medics (of which actually heal people that are fighting), everyone closer to Vader has a better chance of surviving. Remember, Chain lightning is not entirely distance-based. It deals the most damage to the nearest target, then loses damage as it passes through targets that are further away. This is why, when on a full server, you only take about 3 damage when across the map; with a few people left, it kills almost always, regardless of distance, because there are less people it is going through. I'm undecided on whether it should go through walls or not. I think the only nerf it needs now is that it needs to scale damage with players.
Now, it doesn't even touch the potential of what the detonator can do. There are some small maps- hell, any map that a lot of people group on and camp in areas. Detonator has an obscene blast radius as well as damage and afterburn. You can potentially kill as many people that are in its huge radius. I believe it one-shots classes with 150 HP or less. You can also kill around corners. And you get what, 5 shots? Please. Bill's shotgun doesn't go around walls; it rarely hits more than one player at once. It also has damage falloff. --Also, Bill doesn't have lightning.
I concede that the detonator does actually require knowledge to use. Most don't even know you can detonate it. That doesn't change how insanely viable it is.

So his rage spooks players around him, highly damages nearby players and slightly damages everyone else on the entire map, and he gets a weapon that wipes nests and essentially anyone else in his line of sight, or branched near it.

Please fix something. Good players just stomp with Vader (if they're not any of the other bosses...)

Last edited:

-Wolfrenium-

Uncharitable Spy
i think that it is enough with 8-9 people voted yes, that was the enought number of votes for hatsune nerf, pls delete or heavy nerf chain lightning

Meebas

Mapper
Detonator most broken thing IMO, and I think lightning, as annoying as it is, is not too powerful anymore

-Wolfrenium-

Uncharitable Spy
Detonator most broken thing IMO, and I think lightning, as annoying as it is, is not too powerful anymore
most of people dont know to use the detonator, and the chain lightning is 100% useless and skilless, it shouldnt exist in the first place