goldencheeze

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
not a balanced map, bosses that dont have stuns or kb immunity like my main just get destroyed, matches take a long time; Vents just don't work well in FF2, in VSH that's a different story.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
+1
There's 2 vent spots in the map and there's a few bosses that can't stun sentries and you can't actually go to both spots in time hoping an engineer didn't make it there before you. Once those vents get camped some bosses just can't win anymore.
Examples includes Miku and Snake.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
+1, if you aren't finding anyone fighting towards the middle of the map, chances are they're in the vents. And good luck getting in there if you're a boss like Miku. With that in mind, red team is at a pretty unfair advantage when it comes to this map.

thehowl5657

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
This is why the map pool needs to be split between VSH and FF2. This map works completely fine in VSH while it apparently doesnt work for FF2.

door

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1, Vents in general just dont work for FF2 because they're so campy and some bosses cannot win

Stopwatch

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Agreed. We must initiate the summoning circle for separate map pools.

The lack of separate map pools is slowly becoming a big problem. Right now it serves no real purpose other than creating friction between the VSH and FF communities.

As such I can't in good conscience give this thread a +1 or -1 because it's ultimately a result of a larger issue that needs to be addressed first.

Bottiger

Administrator
You can pick your boss so there's no reason for you to pick a boss that cannot win on a specific map.

This is another reason why FF2 is impossible to balance for, the difference between bosses are too much.

It doesn't make sense to me to remove maps/map features to suit every possible FF2 boss.

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
You can pick your boss so there's no reason for you to pick a boss that cannot win on a specific map.

This is another reason why FF2 is impossible to balance for, the difference between bosses are too much.

It doesn't make sense to me to remove maps/map features to suit every possible FF2 boss.

First, there are still the complaints of long match times and the vents which are still a problem even for bosses with KB resist rage. KB is a primary feature of FF2, is it not?

Second, although it'd be great for every player to play optimally, you cannot account for that. Overall, the experience is unenjoyable on the map. Both for hale (even playing a boss that can win), and for red who must futilely wait for hale to attack the vents nearly every round.