• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
the platform itself is a mess. would rather remove the platform and replace it with something actually functioning or just remove the map from rotation altogether.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
the platform itself is a mess. would rather remove the platform and replace it with something actually functioning or just remove the map from rotation altogether.
I'd +1 to removing the map, it's unbalanced as hell, the things that are a bit iconic are unfair. Big platform is unreachable/hard to reach with a superjump thus forcing you to use the elevator where you'd definitely take major damage and maybe even pushed off and gives great overview of the map with ammo for camping, maybe it still has the low gravity spot which makes it even more unbearable for hale to hit hovering players, the middle spot below the platform has the spikes that deal lots of damage and you have to crouch to get in there and the spot where the death trap used to be is also very hard to reach.
Too bad it's popular.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I think we should remove this map for Freak Fortress 2 only. It shouldn't be removed from VSH.

It does well and is popular on VSH and on VSH all hales except HHH have superjump which kind of counters the badly functioning elevator.

But yes remove it from FF2 some bosses can't superjump or atleast can't jump as high or fast.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There is a glitch where you can "block" the lift to stop it going down from the top platform.

Screenshot:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743457731

It makes it basically impossible to reach the top platform and is realy annoying to play hale against.

I'm not sure there's a 100% effective way of preventing this, without removing the transport entierly.
@Cream Tea & @Pedro the fabulous could we look at a different method for getting to the island?
Perhaps just a teleport, or something more natural like stepping-stone style floating islands to get there?

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
I'm not sure there's a 100% effective way of preventing this, without removing the transport entierly.
@Cream Tea & @Pedro the fabulous could we look at a different method for getting to the island?
Perhaps just a teleport, or something more natural like stepping-stone style floating islands to get there?
Depends wether we're going to remove the map or keep it, then i'll look into it. I've never really played it myself.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper

If you use func_tracktrain instead of func_move linear it works without stuttering or stopping. Since you can make it so players can't stop it from moving at all.