SkialLife

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Suggestion is to revert Respawn times and match time lengths to defaults on Community Servers . (Specifically 24/7 Dustbowl US)

I.E: Remove the respawn timers and increase match length (Default Settings)

Reason: I remember when they added the Red Team 20 second respawn timer to try and balance gameplay . this wasn't a bad idea 7~8 years ago or so when it was added considering how competitive Skial was back then and how overpowered many weapons/classes were (Beggars Bazooka pre-nerf etc) but this actually isn't a classic/vanilla thing and Red team is very nerfed at this point , and the matches are too short.

at least wanted to bring discussion on this and possibly a poll

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
#2: their donation system is different as well , I don't agree with some of these of course but...

• Reserve Slot
    Fire arrows for huntsman/crossbow
    Immunity against team swap
    Extra ammo# / barrel rounds
    !swapme for swapping teams
    Health boost for kill & assist
    !unusual Effects
    Extra jarates/stunballs
    !robot for robot skin
    Immunity from high ping kicker
    Coloured chat
    Immunity against player votes
    !kson & !kstreak - Killstreak Effects
Yeah maybe we shouldn’t be trying to be like Fragmasters

Beardo

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Yeah maybe we shouldn’t be trying to be like Fragmasters
This is ONE guy complaining to change the server, that 100s love. I don't understand why it isn't just changed back to the way it was to already.

Foomf

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I'm on the second round of dustbowl and the timer is over 45 minutes... 45 minute timers are nuts! Between that and the respawn times, I'm not going to renew my donation. I miss the old dustbowl server.

Bottiger

Administrator
I think that's more to do with location, being UK based it provides playable pings to East coast US and the EU, serving more time zones than Skial dustbowl.

UK servers give 160 ping to players on the west coast. Central US servers provide playable ping to both the west coast of canada and the US as well as south america.

Beardo

Contributor
UK servers give 160 ping to players on the west coast. Central US servers provide playable ping to both the west coast of canada and the US as well as south america.
Yes, and this is why this server is active during NA prime hours. There is no issue with how the server was before. All this has done was piss off most of the causal players on the server and wont increase player base, but only decrease it. The best way to increase it, is to advertise it during those late night hours and try to form some kind of community of people who play TF2 that late at night, or people from the EU to join while they are

Can we please have the old spawn timers and round time back @Bottiger

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If I join a US server on the west coast I get over 300, If I join a central US server I get just over 200, a NY server I get 90, UK I get 15, Holland 30.
Its about longitude not latitude when it comes to time zones.

Reactions: Beardo

[Mar] The Milkman

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
So far this change has really not been good for the server, the balancing is all off. Would really appreciate going back to normal

poop man

Contributor
Can we please keep the server the way it was? Instant respawn servers are not big pp.

Flandre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
They have instant respawn in Turbine server
But why we can keep server without no instant respawn.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Contributor
hello noobs, we should revert it back, and also get rid of OP AFK BOTS.

the server was fine before all these changes. the server is already a huge spamfest, and the feel to it now is almost like turbine 32 US+. brainless and boring / sweaty tryhard mode just to win. stage one doesn't need to be 22 mins. red doesn't need blue respawn times. yes shorten reds max timers from 22 secs to maybe around 13-15.

Xen-

Unremarkable User
If I join a US server on the west coast I get over 300, If I join a central US server I get just over 200, a NY server I get 90, UK I get 15, Holland 30.
Its about longitude not latitude when it comes to time zones.

I play from the UK, and I get a ping of 120 on the skial dustbowl server. I lag a bit sometimes but overall it's playable.

In regards to the new spawn times, I have no preference at all. I am happy either way.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I play from the UK, and I get a ping of 120 on the skial dustbowl server. I lag a bit sometimes but overall it's playable.

In regards to the new spawn times, I have no preference at all. I am happy either way.
Yeah you're right, I just checked and I also get 120 on there.

illimunati

Contributor
All who support this instant respawn clearly do not play on this server regularly and incompetent. I have been a long commuter to this server. I have seen red defend each stage successfully while blue stream roll red each stage without using teleporters. It is well balanced and challenging for both teams. Don’t try to fix that is something works for people who play on this server. This server is always packed, if people weren’t having fun, the server would be empty.
So stop being a bitch and put back the respawn times for red.
I would advise the person who wants to play with the server times just because they feel like, don’t. Ask the people who play on this server first.
Just because something works on another server, doesn’t mean it will work on every server.
Please be smart not a bitch
Thanks,
illuminati

Beardo

Contributor
all of these ppl complain, with no Admin response and the server is still unbalanced and shit. Over all a bad experience.. Revert all of these changes and put the server back to normal or else more and more people will be annoyed..

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
all of these ppl complain, with no Admin response and the server is still unbalanced and shit. Over all a bad experience.. Revert all of these changes and put the server back to normal or else more and more people will be annoyed..
What could a TF2 Admin do anyway aside spam the post how bad an idea it might be? TF2 Admins don't have control over this. Bottiger does

Beardo

Contributor
What could a TF2 Admin do anyway aside spam the post how bad an idea it might be? TF2 Admins don't have control over this. Bottiger does
I just dont understand the little respect there is for casual players who use the server daily, and all donate get. It was tried, almost nobody liked the change. Community's die quick online.