Sharky!

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Could /dsay be rewritten so that it's a togglable command? I think I speak speak for many people when I say that it gets quite annoying to ctrl v every time you type.

Reactions: Adora

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Could /dsay be rewritten so that it's a togglable command? I think I speak speak for many people when I say that it gets quite annoying to ctrl v every time you type.

In console:
bind p "dsay insert sentence here"

You can replace 'p' with a key of your choice.

Sharky!

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
In console:
bind p "dsay insert sentence here"

You can replace 'p' with a key of your choice.
That would just repeat the same phrase over and over again. I was thinking we could make it so typing /dsay {color} would make all your chat a specific color instead of it only the line you just typed.

Last edited:

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I'm guessing it's set up this way rather than a "default" color setting to allow maximum customization and freedom in the usage of the command. For instance, you can use multiple colors in the same statement or not use any colors at all. I don't know what it is you want to say, or in what colors, but chat binds are your friend.

This is all you really need:
bind p "dsay {crimson}°͜{red}ʖ{gold}°{lime}°͜{blue}ʖ{azure}°{indigo}°͜{purple}ʖ{crimson}°{red}°͜{gold}ʖ{lime}°{blue}°͜{azure}ʖ{indigo}°{purple}°͜{crimson}ʖ{red}°{gold}°͜{lime}ʖ{blue}°"

Sharky!

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I'm guessing it's set up this way rather than a "default" color setting to allow maximum customization and freedom in the usage of the command. For instance, you can use multiple colors in the same statement or not use any colors at all. I don't know what it is you want to say, or in what colors, but chat binds are your friend.

This is all you really need:
bind p "dsay {crimson}°͜{red}ʖ{gold}°{lime}°͜{blue}ʖ{azure}°{indigo}°͜{purple}ʖ{crimson}°{red}°͜{gold}ʖ{lime}°{blue}°͜{azure}ʖ{indigo}°{purple}°͜{crimson}ʖ{red}°{gold}°͜{lime}ʖ{blue}°"
I would probably been able to explain this idea more clearly but I've had like no sleep for the last 3 days and I can't think straight. :P

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I would probably been able to explain this idea more clearly but I've had like no sleep for the last 3 days and I can't think straight. :P
I think I understand what you mean, like the /ccc plugin that some other servers have which you can set to make all your text a certain color using the regular text box or /say.
Our plugin is still better in my opinion but I understand where you're coming from with the Suggestion.

Adora

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I think this would be a decent addition. Something like /dtoggle so that everything you say from thereforth is automatically dsay. You can still apply colors but simply putting {green} or {red}in your message, you just won't have to type /dsay anymore. There could be a color argument like /dtoggle <defaultcolor>.

That said barely anyone would use it so it could just be a waste of bot's time.

Reactions: BBQ Prophet