Summary:
Admin caught abusing mid map

Player Name:
DragonTamer

SteamID:
steam3ID: [U:1:41511299]
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/steam3ID: [U:1:41511299]
https://stats.skial.com/#summary/player/SteamID/All/steam3ID: [U:1:41511299]
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advType=steamid&advSearch=steam3ID: [U:1:41511299]
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advType=steamid&advSearch=steam3ID: [U:1:41511299]

Time:
now

Servers:
DEATH RUN | US

Detailed Explanation / Screenshots / Demos:
Link to video of the admin slaying players for no reason. map was office and the players killed were doing a secret in the map. No reason they should have been slayed. After the clip ended Dragontamer kept slaying people who were in the secret after people called them out for their wrong actions. For no reason should those players have been slayed and its showing off the abusive admins in the servers.

Reactions: Maulfik

Thane

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It should be noted that one of the admin's replies (if not the only) was "(ALL) ADMIN: Going into the hale room is not allowed." Wait, what? That would make sense if the map was designed to keep players out like that. There's one big problem with this kind of dumb reasoning: the current version of dr_office is intentionally designed to allow players to enter the "hale room" (i.e. the place where traps are activated).

The admins might as well tell me that you'll get banned/slayed/kicked if you take a teleporter that the mapmaker intentionally placed that takes you to the "hale room". Oh wait, that's right! This is effectively the case with dr_office! Even worse, there are multiple ways to get into the Hale room. One of them involves getting caught in the first trap, and the Hale intentionally lets you out, as they can just stand right beside the door and allow players to go through.

On the topic of doing things the mapmakers intentionally put in... you guys had dr_playstation fixed so players couldn't pick up the bud card... So... for dr_office, why not just get someone to fix the damn doors if that's going to be a problem? Maybe warn other players, too? This isn't localized to just the players playing that video. Just about anybody who plays on that map is eventually made aware of the FaN trap and the fact that it opens a backdoor that leads you to the hale room, or gets let out by hale on the first trap.

Bottiger

Administrator
It should be noted that one of the admin's replies (if not the only) was "(ALL) ADMIN: Going into the hale room is not allowed." Wait, what? That would make sense if the map was designed to keep players out like that. There's one big problem with this kind of dumb reasoning: the current version of dr_office is intentionally designed to allow players to enter the "hale room" (i.e. the place where traps are activated).

The admins might as well tell me that you'll get banned/slayed/kicked if you take a teleporter that the mapmaker intentionally placed that takes you to the "hale room". Oh wait, that's right! This is effectively the case with dr_office! Even worse, there are multiple ways to get into the Hale room. One of them involves getting caught in the first trap, and the Hale intentionally lets you out, as they can just stand right beside the door and allow players to go through.

On the topic of doing things the mapmakers intentionally put in... you guys had dr_playstation fixed so players couldn't pick up the bud card... So... for dr_office, why not just get someone to fix the damn doors if that's going to be a problem? Maybe warn other players, too? This isn't localized to just the players playing that video. Just about anybody who plays on that map is eventually made aware of the FaN trap and the fact that it opens a backdoor that leads you to the hale room, or gets let out by hale on the first trap.

The rules of the server are decided by the admins and not the map maker. The maker of the map didn't think it was a problem, but the admins do and you should respect the admins.

Just because we haven't edited that out of the map yet does not mean it should be allowed.

We are all busy and are not able to edit every map in an instant, especially when maps like playstation have decompile protection, and decompiling maps can end up breaking a major portion or the entire map. It isn't as easy as editing a text file.

Last edited:

Thane

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thank you for the response, Bottiger.

The rules of the server are decided by the admins and not the map maker. The maker of the map didn't think it was a problem, but the admins do and you should respect the admins.

What exactly are you suggesting here? It seems to me that this comes off as saying that the admins have carte blanche to enforce whatever they want at the drop of a hat. While it does appear that the admins, in general, follow a decent decorum (and thus the previous statement is virtually moot), it is very jarring when an admin decides to flex power to--as players like myself, Cow, Milk, Pepe, and many others perceive it--wrongly punish players for behavior that has been reinforced over the years, without warning.

I guess all I'm really asking for here is a little more advance warning as opposed to "slay first and answer questions later". Does that really not work for you guys?

Just because we haven't edited that out of the map yet does not mean it should be allowed.

And I guess we just have to find out the hard way what those parts are, huh? Sure, some things are easier to pick up than others, but holy shit... I really never would have guessed that getting into the Hale area by intentional design was out in no-no land, especially when it's been done for years on that map with no admin saying "bruh that's wrong quit it."

We are all busy and are not able to edit every map in an instant, especially when maps like playstation have decompile protection, and decompiling maps can end up breaking them. It isn't as easy as editing a text file.

Ok fine. I can understand that and there are several other maps with glitches/issues that haven't been fixed (Brimp reminded me about the glitch in Hakurei Shrine on VSH), even though it has been years.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I guess all I'm really asking for here is a little more advance warning as opposed to "slay first and answer questions later". Does that really not work for you guys?
A slay is a form of warning, it's not like you got banned, and it brought the issue to your attention.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Ok fine. I can understand that and there are several other maps with glitches/issues that haven't been fixed (Brimp reminded me about the glitch in Hakurei Shrine on VSH), even though it has been years.

FYI Hakurei Shrine was patched.
https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-ff2-remove-update-hakurei-shrine-due-to-exploits.86215

Hakurei was patched only recently because its issues were only brought to attention this year.
Skial is lucky to have a couple mappers willing to take on the challenge of rectifying certain map issues. Unfortunately, the regulars seem to know a lot more about maps than they do, and it seems nobody brought it to attention over the years that Hakurei had these issues until now.

No one will fix issues if they don't know they exist.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
What exactly are you suggesting here? It seems to me that this comes off as saying that the admins have carte blanche to enforce whatever they want at the drop of a hat. While it does appear that the admins, in general, follow a decent decorum (and thus the previous statement is virtually moot), it is very jarring when an admin decides to flex power to--as players like myself, Cow, Milk, Pepe, and many others perceive it--wrongly punish players for behavior that has been reinforced over the years, without warning.

And I guess we just have to find out the hard way what those parts are, huh? Sure, some things are easier to pick up than others, but holy shit... I really never would have guessed that getting into the Hale area by intentional design was out in no-no land, especially when it's been done for years on that map with no admin saying "bruh that's wrong quit it."

People have been warned not to do it. Combat with the boss is not part of normal DR gameplay.

And yes admins do have the ability to enforce whatever they deem to be a map exploit. The crash in dr_playstation was intentionally put in the map. You are saying that people should be allowed to crash the server?

People have been complaining about the office trap for a while.

https://www.skial.com/threads/dr-limit-nerf-the-axtinguisher.88329/

Brimp

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
FYI Hakurei Shrine was patched.
https://www.skial.com/threads/vsh-ff2-remove-update-hakurei-shrine-due-to-exploits.86215

Hakurei was patched only recently because its issues were only brought to attention this year.
Skial is lucky to have a couple mappers willing to take on the challenge of rectifying certain map issues. Unfortunately, the regulars seem to know a lot more about maps than they do, and it seems nobody brought it to attention over the years that Hakurei had these issues until now.

No one will fix issues if they don't know they exist.
1. Harkurai has been around for years and many of the vsh players on the u.s server knew about the glitch.
2. I've seen at least 3 admins slay someone in the glitched spot so they should have reported it to the mappers.
3. I literally asked an admin 1-2 years ago when it was gonna be fixed and they basically said "our mappers are busy with other maps" so that should have been in the queue to fix the map.

Overall it seems like Skial didn't care much about the glitch to begin with and cared more about updating the servers to vsh 2.0 when it was "dying" when in 2017 at the start of the school year there was a dry spout for MONTHS basically until 2018's summer where players began to play again. Don't even get me started about the left spawn wall of Jurassic when that was around.

Back to Death run. In office V5, there was no way for red to get into the death area by the first trap pit door. Whatever "final" version is currently being used was not thought out in that part since in V5 the door pushes red back so if hale opens the door they cant go in if he doesn't block the way.

Thane

Scarcely Lethal Noob
People have been warned not to do it. Combat with the boss is not part of normal DR gameplay.

I must've missed that "lecture" (or set of "lectures"), then, prior to the other day this week. Thank you for providing info here.

And yes admins do have the ability to enforce whatever they deem to be a map exploit.

Thank you for clearing that up.

The crash in dr_playstation was intentionally put in the map. You are saying that people should be allowed to crash the server?

No. Of course not. You could have inferred I would say no by recalling my previous statement:

Sure, some things are easier to pick up than others,

I precisely intended this to refer to how--even though the server-crashing part of dr_playstation was intentionally put in the map--people should not be allowed to crash the server. Some issues are simply easier for players to recognize as dumb/bad/exploitative, especially when they read the rules.

Thank you.

Reactions: Brimp

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Going to leave this here seeing as how people on DR are complaining about being muted for false racism.

DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/26/2020 - 08:02:37 PM Moe from The Simpsons banshee got muted
DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/26/2020 - 08:03:05 PM Moe from The Simpsons let me guess? criticizing the shit admins?
DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/26/2020 - 08:03:26 PM Moe from The Simpsons false racism then?

Here's the "false" racism they're so worked up about:

DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/25/2020 - 06:48:51 PM Moe from The Simpsons hey admin what happens if i say the nigger word again?

DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/25/2020 - 06:52:22 PM Banshee at Kings Island (Muted) lol jk nigger

DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/25/2020 - 06:51:40 PM Take Five me and moe say n word daily and we arent muted yet
DEATH RUN | US ████ 08/25/2020 - 04:07:17 PM punished take five i hope youve learned you lesson thane, never to say the nigger word again

Last edited:

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

And yes admins do have the ability to enforce whatever they deem to be a map exploit. The crash in dr_playstation was intentionally put in the map. You are saying that people should be allowed to crash the server?

Yo botty, that's complaining about how the Axtinguisher does 150-175 HP and can instakill Hale which leads to people going pyro solely to snuff out Hale's fun.
People don't have a problem with red getting into blu side, they have a problem when it leads to nobody playing the map because they realize they can just stall in trap one due to a bug w/ pyro's ax damage and instakill Hale.

The same can be said if everyone on the server goes Heavy but that's rare and only lasts a round or two before users get bored and encourages fun.

Pyro's prematurely ending the round is not fun and isn't as enjoyable as getting into Hale's area to fuck w/ him.

This issue wasn't just prevalent on Dr_Office, it applied to any map w/ a fight minigame.

Bonus: These arbitrary restrictive rules against how you interact with Hale only de-value gameplay and fun for players. If there are issues (such as Pirate allowing you to use splash damage to hit hale through the chain-link fences), I can see why that should be removed as it only bothers Hale for playing the game, but in this situation, a rule is actively going against map design and removing a source of fun for players that makes Office a more pick-worthy map.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
that's complaining about how the Axtinguisher does 150-175 HP and can instakill Hale which leads to people going pyro solely to snuff out Hale's fun.
The same can be said if everyone on the server goes Heavy

The game mode is just not balanced around fighting the boss. Most other servers even use a plugin that just gives the boss 200 hp and that's it.

We're not going to balance 100 different weapons just so people can have a balanced fight with the boss.

If some maps are encouraging boss combat outside of humiliation, they shouldn't be doing that. It is going to cause a problem with every deathrun server out there.

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
The game mode is just not balanced around fighting the boss. Most other servers even use a plugin that just gives the boss 200 hp and that's it.

I'm aware, if i wanted to fight the boss legitimately I would run VSH. What I am trying to communicate to you is that maps that encourage breaking DR's formula by being able to fuck with the buttons on Hale's side and punch the hale are FUN. The rare twist of formula on DR that allows more than just repeating the same trap juke is FUN. This is the only map that functions like this in the rotation and not being able to kill Hale is FINE. I LIKE hitting the hale with my fists and then immediately dying or trying to sneak past him to set off traps in office.

We're not going to balance 100 different weapons just so people can have a balanced fight with the boss.

Solely, the axtinguisher. As I noted, if half the players go heavy they can minigun Hale to death in the first trap but again I noted this is RARE because it requires everyone to be united and after the first time people stop doing it. The ax always attracts users to one-shot Hale, especially on maps with FIGHT minigames. I don't know where the assumption that I meant more than one came from but I can assure you, that's it.

If some maps are encouraging boss combat outside of humiliation, they shouldn't be doing that. It is going to cause a problem with every deathrun server out there.

Fight minigames have existed for years. I have no clue what you mean by this, and I have no clue what your final statement is implying. Office is again the only map I've ever seen do this, and there really isn't a problem here other than the Ax.

I don't want to fight the boss legitimately, I want to be able to dick around with friends and smack the Hale before we all die, and Pyro's ax not only ruins that for me, but for Hale's that just want to clear the first trap without taking 175 damage.