Maximus7

Uncharitable Spy
The new neo is a complete downgrade to the previous version other than the minigames. It either removes half of the map or replaces it with buggy, low quality sections (also removes music and easter eggs). The new version is really like a cheap value version of the map and downgrading a heavily loved and played version makes no sense.

The only thing it got right were the minigames - it added some great ones. Maybe if possible work those into the other version (really more of a Bun Bun thin tho)? Otherwise its just not worth it.

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
After BunBun released multiple updates, each one with a broken mechanic that'd soft-lock the match or just not work, Bott initially rolled back to Test4 and I assumed he would keep it at that version.

BunBun doesn't QA his maps at all and releases them as is, broken or not broken.

Bunsy

Uncharitable Spy
Master Mapper
Test 4 was really laggy for some players, hitting entity limits and crashing servers, so I did a shit ton of optimization and removed the areas that were "least liked".
Easter eggs haven't been removed, I just moved them around.
I changed the music due to changing tastes and file size problems, plus most people complained about the original music being too loud and heavy.
As for the new areas they might need some nerfing/fixing, but unless you comment on the GB page I won't be able to sort it because I don't play tf2 anymore.
The map was previously tested on a smaller server, but most problems emerged when more players tried it out on Skial, I updated it several times with Bottiger to try and fix the pinball bug, until it was discovered that Marioworld was causing it.

Moving the sophisticated new endings to test 4 would be a total disaster, since the server wouldn't be able to handle all the entities.
Most of the updates were based off of community feedback, I'm surprised people aren't taking it too well.

Last edited:

Maximus7

Uncharitable Spy
Test 4 was really laggy for some players, hitting entity limits and crashing servers, so I did a shit ton of optimization and removed the areas that were "least liked".
Easter eggs haven't been removed, I just moved them around.
I changed the music due to changing tastes and file size problems, plus most people complained about the original music being too loud and heavy.
As for the new areas they might need some nerfing/fixing, but unless you comment on the GB page I won't be able to sort it because I don't play tf2 anymore.
The map was previously tested on a smaller server, but most problems emerged when more players tried it out on Skial, I updated it several times with Bottiger to try and fix the pinball bug, until it was discovered that Marioworld was causing it.

Moving the sophisticated new endings to test 4 would be a total disaster, since the server wouldn't be able to handle all the entities.
Most of the updates were based off of community feedback, I'm surprised people aren't taking it too well.

If it was removed for performance related issues than thats understandable. I never had any issues with it so I wouldn't know. This version is still a good map but I feel its more of a downgrade to the previous version which was my favorite map of all. I'm obviously not a map maker though, you know much more than me about it.

But hey, the minigames are great though.