Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Seeing that Skial has both a 24/7 Turbine and 2fort, I was wondering if it would be possible to also have a Doublecross if we can manage to keep it populated.

For all it's worth, I would be glad to contribute any amount to a Doublecross server if we are to get one.

So... anyone else with me on this?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You need a lot of supporters for this kind of stuff, keep that in mind. +1 either way

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ADD TO SKAIL FORTRESS 2 OR RIOT (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

just kidding, great map. +1

Bottiger

Administrator
We used to have 2 filled doublecross servers even though the doublecross community was shrinking.

I'll let you guess why they died for good.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We used to have 2 filled doublecross servers even though the doublecross community was shrinking.

I'll let you guess why they died for good.

Yeah... I have a feeling why. But I am not going to jump to conclusions, but considering the popularity of Skial, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume the server would have decent traffic if the map made a comeback to Skial? (Again, this'll take effort from anyone who wants it back, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that a lot of people are willing to back this.)

Bottiger

Administrator
Yes it would be unreasonable to assume that.

The server won't fill itself just because we opened it. Skial became popular after years of building up a player base and doing the right thing.

The player base won't form just because we opened a doublecross server. Most of the people that cared about a good community doublecross server have given up and either quit or only play on official servers now.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Doublecrosses are hard to keep full. KSG's had to have events put up for it every few hours, and that's with a relatively large dedicated regular base. It was a nightmare trying to keep it populated. There's players for sure, but it still isn't popular to the level that 2fort, hightower, turbine and the like are. Especially being kiddies are in school, maybe over the summer I'd recommend giving it a try, but I don't see it working out right now.