mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you are a frequent trader it should be trivial for you to convert your items to Paypal cash.

Someone is always going to try to get the system changed so they can get the same benefits with the least amount of cash.

This is true but not everyone has access to Paypal. And not everyone is going to take the time and effort to sell their items, risk being scammed, putting up the trade, etc. It's more about convenience. I know plentry of "TF2 rich" friends who would be more likely to donate if all they had to do was open a trade...

I still don't think anything less than a bud ($30/6months) or maybe a bills($10/2months) should be accepted. This shows that they are serious about donating and is actually worth taking the time to sell. I don't know why people are advocating menial crap like 1 key / 1 week donations. "Oh shit no school next week here is ONE WHOLE KEY SKIAL" sorry but screw that.

Bottiger

Administrator
Everyone has access to Paypal. You can make a Canadian account and say you are 18.

And not everyone is going to take the time and effort to sell their items, risk being scammed, putting up the trade, etc.

That's exactly why we don't officially accept items.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
I like seeding. I some times go to a degroots keep at 2:00AM and play against the stupid bots :alone: until people join.
Hell, I'm on Chicago 2fort camping bots right now.

It's good fun, but nobody stays because it gets stale after a while. I usually build a level 3, nab the intel so the friendly bots gather around me, and then trade or something.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Hell, I'm on Chicago 2fort camping bots right now.

It's good fun, but nobody stays because it gets stale after a while. I usually build a level 3, nab the intel so the friendly bots gather around me, and then trade or something.
I laugh my butt of at how dumb the bots are as they walk right by you. Also to the kid thinking of donating DOOOOOOO IT NAW BLAGGG
arnold_schwarzenegger_screaming_kindergarten_cop.jpg

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
No. I don't think you understand how this works. If people buy AP to get the points faster. They will not seed the servers as often as they normally would. If no one seeds the servers than it will never get full. If it never gets full we will not be making any money to keep that server up and running.

The AP system was designed specifically to reward people that would join our servers when it was empty / low on players and make it full. That is the most effective way to get points. If you can just buy them, who would seed?

You are thinking way to into it. People play tf2 to have fun. The skial community does not play in skial servers to get ap points, they play in the servers to have fun and also skial has the best running lowest ping servers also there are so many different types of skial servers to choose from. Ap is just a little bonus that comes with the server. I personally don't give a shit for ap I think it's stupid.

Reactions: Blar

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
You are thinking way to into it. People play tf2 to have fun. The skial community does not play in skial servers to get ap points, they play in the servers to have fun and also skial has the best running lowest ping servers also there are so many different types of skial servers to choose from. Ap is just a little bonus that comes with the server. I personally don't give a shit for ap I think it's stupid.
The issue is that many people fail to realize that we're providing the best quality for quantity and we have to use loyalty programs like AP to keep some of them coming back.

It's an additional, more obvious inscentive to return that doesn't require you to compare and contrast servers.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ok Devin and Bluehawk need to fight over that avatar...
Nope.avi he has the one with no wings and tail and I have the one with them. But he was the first one in the forms to have it and I had this as my avatar on steam since the day I joined steam.

We both have had our player picks longer than the other in one way or another.:lol: