Sir Reddington

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I think we'd be better off with a donation bot, instead of just taking Paypal donations.

Other sites such as TF2OP / backpack.tf etc. already have automated bots to handle their donations. And since we get tons of players on the servers, many of them wanting to donate, but is unable to because they are either too young for a Paypal or w/e, it would be good to have an automated bot that accepts item donations (such as keys / buds etc for the appropriate cash value)

If you guys want to go through with this, you can get Miz to code you guys a bot. I hear he / she does quite a few bots for other sites.

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Seriously mates...

1-Skial is a reputable server group, should have no problem finding people to sell to.
2-If you set the price at, say, 1.20 USD each, people will ALWAYS buy keys at that price unless overnight prices go down to a dollar.
3-Buds at 30 = Easy sell.

So ya, +1 still.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The prices changing overnight could mean the difference between someone donating and some ripping us off by giving us valuable items and having them turn worthless before we can sell them, losing Skial money.

This is why I suggested accepting an item like buds only.

1. Buds are a stable currency in TF2
  2. Price fluctuates in the low $30 range. Even @ $29 counting a 1 bud donation for $30 would still be acceptable imo as the following month they are likely to go back up.
  3. Earbud donations show the person is serious about donating, it's much easier to give 2 or 3 keys or other items.
I agree with you, accepting keys or other items is just too risky and probably not worth the time in selling for the amount of donation they would go towards anyway. However, Reddington has a point. Item donations would = more donators would = more for Skial. I think if it is just a simple system of accepting a stable item like buds or maybe salvaged crates as donations there wouldn't be any risk of loss. The only issue still would be someone actually selling the items, and I don't exactly see anyone raising their hand.

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
The prices changing overnight could mean the difference between someone donating and some ripping us off by giving us valuable items and having them turn worthless before we can sell them, losing Skial money.
You can't LOSE money from donations, as stated above, its completely free to enable commands.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You can't LOSE money from donations, as stated above, its completely free to enable commands.

That's true but it would be unfair to someone who donates $10 cash to have the same benefits of someone who donates $10 in keys which end up being worth less than $10...

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
That's true but it would be unfair to someone who donates $10 cash to have the same benefits of someone who donates $10 in keys which end up being worth less than $10...
Then why not put keys at 1.15 they will NEVER dip lower than that.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't have time to sell refines and keys.

I remember when I used to do that, I would be spending a large portion of time bumping threads, teaching people how to use Paypal, and waiting for them to be ready, all for a couple dollars an hour.

Sir Reddington

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I don't have time to sell refines and keys.

I remember when I used to do that, I would be spending a large portion of time bumping threads, teaching people how to use Paypal, and waiting for them to be ready, all for a couple dollars an hour.

But if we do only buds, it'll be at least $30+ an hour, even if you sell one an hour, it'll still be quite a lot (at least more than minimum wage)

Anyways, you could get someone you trust to help you sell them / create a skial paypal solely for reselling of promos.

Bottiger

Administrator
People already do these kind of trades on our forum.

You can also make a Canadian Paypal account and you can send around $5000 before you need to verify.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
-1 I think it would bring more negatives than positives it would also open up a chance for scamming people pretending to be donation bot/s