Sir Reddington

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I think we'd be better off with a donation bot, instead of just taking Paypal donations.

Other sites such as TF2OP / backpack.tf etc. already have automated bots to handle their donations. And since we get tons of players on the servers, many of them wanting to donate, but is unable to because they are either too young for a Paypal or w/e, it would be good to have an automated bot that accepts item donations (such as keys / buds etc for the appropriate cash value)

If you guys want to go through with this, you can get Miz to code you guys a bot. I hear he / she does quite a few bots for other sites.

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think we'd be better off with a donation bot, instead of just taking Paypal donations.

Other sites such as TF2OP / backpack.tf etc. already have automated bots to handle their donations. And since we get tons of players on the servers, many of them wanting to donate, but is unable to because they are either too young for a Paypal or w/e, it would be good to have an automated bot that accepts item donations (such as keys / buds etc for the appropriate cash value)

If you guys want to go through with this, you can get Miz to code you guys a bot. I hear he / she does quite a few bots for other sites.
Bottiger already denied accepting items as payment. It's a pain in the ass to sell items in the very limited time Bottiger has in his day and their prices fluctuate.

Sir Reddington

Bottiger already denied accepting items as payment. It's a pain in the ass to sell items in the very limited time Bottiger has in his day and their prices fluctuate.

I couldn't find a thread about item donations so I decided to make one.

Perhaps someone else from the admin team could sell them instead?

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
not a bad idea, but the problem is that keys do fluctuate, and we have to resell them. So to keep that part easy we should have a low price (around 1,10$ ) atm. So you would have to pay around 4,5 keys (witch is more then 5$ when you sell them on your own). +We should edit the price now and then

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This could mean more income for Skial, more servers with a bigger variety of maps, would mean Bottiger kept the lobby servers or the gift servers when there is an event, perhaps prizes for another competition like the AP one. Yes, there is some extra work, but to go against it ignoring the prospect of the extra income is just plain stupid. Instead we should think of ways how could we make this work, like it could be limited to easy to sell items first or a trustworthy admin could handle the real money transfers, it doesn't have to be Bottiger's job, etc etc.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It doesn't have to be keys, it could be something simple like buds only counting as a $30 donation. Everything fluctuates in price but at least this way selling keys and constantly haggling price would be eliminated and buds are pretty steady and sell fairly regularly. I agree this is still a pain in the ass and someone or some people will have to go out of their way to handle it, but it's easier for a lot of players to donate this way and would therefore = more donations.

Sir Reddington

As long as we keep prices of items to a minimum (such that we have a profit margin in case something goes wrong), it should be fine.

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It would take time for Bott to find a buyer. A great seller could help him with it for free. (like Faron)

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If you have keys at 1.1/1.2 they will be a easy sell. Buds at 30 are easy sells to. +1

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, Sneeza on Outpost seems to have no trouble selling his keys, the ones he gets as donations. We could also get a bot that sells stuff too.
Not quite, a bot that sells stuff could get exploited and all of the items stolen. Bott has told me that multiple times.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
This isn't the greatest of ideas, but at least provide a reason for a yay or nay. Selling the items would consume a lot of time and the prices fluxuate overtime.

Sir Reddington

This isn't the greatest of ideas, but at least provide a reason for a yay or nay. Selling the items would consume a lot of time and the prices fluxuate overtime.

Pros:
- More people would donate, increasing profit, which allows for more servers.

Cons:
- Time consuming to sell, and prices may change overnight.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Cons:
- Time consuming to sell, and prices may change overnight.
The prices changing overnight could mean the difference between someone donating and some ripping us off by giving us valuable items and having them turn worthless before we can sell them, losing Skial money.

Sir Reddington

The prices changing overnight could mean the difference between someone donating and some ripping us off by giving us valuable items and having them turn worthless before we can sell them, losing Skial money.

Yep. But if we set a low enough price, we would have a margin for error. Plus, I doubt prices would really change overnight in the TF2 world.