Reporter

Administrator
Does anyone know of a chain of servers that have sv_pure disabled?
Skial has sv_pure enabled now, and I can't play very well without some of my mods. They're mostly cosmetic mods like custom animations, but without them they really throw my game off so I kind of lost my loyalty to skial in that moment.

Any suggestions? I prefer ones with active admins, lots of variation with different servers, and a system like skials.

Author: SketchyJJ

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/3pli4d/does_anyone_know_of_a_chain_of_servers_that_have/
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comment..._chain_of_servers_that_have/?ref=search_posts

SketchyJJ

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
People were using mods as pseudo wall hacks. The fact that the guy on reddit mentions how these changes "really throw [his] game off" makes me think he was one of them. There's actually a system in place to get your mods "approved" for use on Skial, check here for more info.
https://www.skial.com/threads/use-sv_pure-1-2-to-stop-material-wallhacks.62786/page-2
Uhh, Kyle. I'm that guy, check the name. If you want, you can check out my screen for them. Check out my folder:

Unless Transparent Fire is wrong which I can remove quite easily, and if you read what I said and looked at who I am this confusion wouldn't be up here. Anyways, I couldn't get the mods.skial.com thing to work anyhow as it seemed to stop my mods at all like my animations

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Uhh, Kyle. I'm that guy, check the name. If you want, you can check out my screen for them. Check out my folder:

Unless Transparent Fire is wrong which I can remove quite easily, and if you read what I said and looked at who I am this confusion wouldn't be up here. Anyways, I couldn't get the mods.skial.com thing to work anyhow as it seemed to stop my mods at all like my animations
I was suspicious because of the way you worded your post on Reddit. I appreciate you clearing the air on it though and sorry for doubting you.

SketchyJJ

Contributor
I was suspicious because of the way you worded your post on Reddit. I appreciate you clearing the air on it though and sorry for doubting you.

Yeah, I have a really bad issue with wording my sentences and speech, probably will never get that over with. I'm glad to, I don't like being doubted on my favorite chain of servers. I donate and regularly talk to a admin so I wouldn't trouble it since your servers have served me greatly.

Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
@AgentOrange
@Bottiger
Looks like you guys were right.

I genuinely started noticing some regulars who suddenly couldn't play well at all on day one of this, although I won't name names. Some seemed to have seriously lost their "corner checking" skills and previous sniper mains were now classes I'd literally never seen them play even once and quite clueless while playing. I admit this may just be coincidence, but I highly doubt it. I can't comment on OP, he may just want his cosmetics back as the game doesn't feel the same anymore, but Bottiger has a system in place to convert them now, so it souldn't be an issue on non exploit skins. The cost of switching back to sv_pure 0 would be sky high at this point, especially since the hacks have been linked on the forum for all to see. From my own experience many regulars where already using them.

Reactions: SketchyJJ

Bottiger

Administrator

If a wallhack or soundhack is detected, it will tell you, and it won't even give you a VPK to download.

I have personally tested the upload thing to make sure it works.

But people are not following the directions and doing weird things like having the wrong folder layout by uploading the mod straight off of gamebanana or uploading multi-part VPK files which we do not support.

Reactions: SketchyJJ

SketchyJJ

Contributor
If a wallhack or soundhack is detected, it will tell you, and it won't even give you a VPK to download.

I have personally tested the upload thing to make sure it works.

But people are not following the directions and doing weird things like having the wrong folder layout by uploading the mod straight off of gamebanana or uploading multi-part VPK files which we do not support.

I guess I don't understand it well enough, but it's really weird that I can use some of the mods on the servers still, like they're preloaded. Still can sometimes use my transparent fire, and custom animations. :/

SketchyJJ

Contributor
I genuinely started noticing some regulars who suddenly couldn't play well at all on day one of this, although I won't name names. Some seemed to have seriously lost their "corner checking" skills and previous sniper mains were now classes I'd literally never seen them play even once and quite clueless while playing. I admit this may just be coincidence, but I highly doubt it. I can't comment on OP, he may just want his cosmetics back as the game doesn't feel the same anymore, but Bottiger has a system in place to convert them now, so it souldn't be an issue on non exploit skins. The cost of switching back to sv_pure 0 would be sky high at this point, especially since the hacks have been linked on the forum for all to see. From my own experience many regulars where already using them.

I play pyro a lot so I tend to have really good situational awareness, you can watch me play if you want.