• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Jambo

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I think it is because people don’t usually go on competitive.:doge:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
the competitive community is pretty much dead and the meet your match update was a mistake

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, competitive actually blows, I'm a Master Persuader and I'm done with competitive until it's updated because:
  1. Riddled with cheaters, these VAC waves have a big flaw in them and that's that they are waves which gives cheaters, especially those who were VAC'd, the chance to cheat again (on alts if they were VAC'd)
  2. There's no class restrictions, you want 6 heavies, you can have 6 heavies. You want 6 scouts, you can have 6 scouts, it's not fun in those matches because it's easy to dominate the battlefield with classes that move really fast / tank a lot of damage.
  3. The queue times are disgustingly long and the excuse "there's not enough people playing" doesn't apply here because I've sat in lobbies multiple times with my friend and it says something like "50+ players looking for a game, 50+ servers available" and yet we're still not in a game.
  4. The training sessions in TF2 are garbage and haven't been updated since they were released so new players can just buy a pass and join, the ranks don't mean shit because you don't get queue'd with people who are your rank or close to your rank anyway. I could have the highest score in the entire server and still either get the same exp as F2P Gibus Heavy jason.gonzalez2006 or lose altogether because again, the ranks don't mean shit.
  5. Don't get me wrong, Valve knows this, Jill already made a statement saying the changes to comp weren't sufficient for this update and will likely release with the next update, which I'm fine with.