Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
specifically this one:

3huhv.jpg

few like the music room and nobody has time for the wubs, the wtfs, or especially w/e that is in tresh . you can mute those who play music on the mic easily.

but not a lot know how to mute music from a map. dr_office's music room can no longer be accessed. I would like it to be the same for dr_block as well if its possible. it's only fair. sometimes there will be those who play music on the mic while someone is playing tracks from the music. having 2-3 songs playing at once is not good. plus you will have those who stay back in the music room whilst everyone else is actually playing the death run map. thats not acceptable.

I'd rather not see the !votemenu be abused over and over again over this. and I would like to repeat: dr_office has had the music room access disabled. why is dr_block exempt?

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Do you know the full name of the map? I've played the map a lot, but I don't find a dr_block anywhere.
It's a deathrun map, but the map name starts with vsh_. Nice.

Last edited:

Saraya

Do you know the full name of the map? I've played the map a lot, but I don't find a dr_block anywhere.
It's a deathrun map, but the map name starts with vsh_. Nice.
Half the time the name throws me off too when the voting for the next map happens. funny how no one fixed the name either.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
if the map were renamed, not only would you'd have to rebuild the cubemaps, but the old cubemaps would still be present in the file, essentially bloating it a bit.

I don't know why the embedded cubemaps are anal about the map's filename when only one map can be loaded at a time

Saraya

if the map were renamed, not only would you'd have to rebuild the cubemaps, but the old cubemaps would still be present in the file, essentially bloating it a bit.

I don't know why the embedded cubemaps are anal about the map's filename when only one map can be loaded at a time
I was not aware of this. thank you for clearing that up.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper

True. Many maps don't actually have cubemaps and it doesn't really matter that much in tf2 either. From what I saw in the VMF, this map didn't have any either, but I didn't check thorougly.

Sakiko

Contributor
press the mute button on your speakers.

Do not see why the room needs removing some of the songs majority of the playerbase enjoy like the butsecks song as well as others.

Office had its room removed as the path up to it was exploited to bypass the motivator.

At worst the map needs a sound reset on round restart and a timed teleporter out of the music room.

Saraya

press the mute button on your speakers.

Do not see why the room needs removing some of the songs majority of the playerbase enjoy like the butsecks song as well as others.

Office had its room removed as the path up to it was exploited to bypass the motivator.

At worst the map needs a sound reset on round restart and a timed teleporter out of the music room.
Unreasonable. Not everyone wants to play their game muted. I would also like to add not everyone has developer console turned on. If there was a way to mute the music played specifically from the Easter egg, I wouldn't have even made this thread. The general sounds from the map like the sound yes from traps activated or the maze for example are fine.

I do however, agree that there should be a sound reset at round restart and a timed tele out of the music room. Would be a great assistance.