BlackDown

Uncharitable Spy
Third person lead to confusing situations about players playing with cheats.

1. When record demos is not enough clear if the player is using some kind of "assistance" or if the player is using !3 https://www.skial.com/threads/appeal-amjad.65592/#post-675687
  2. The field visible by a player using !3 allow him to see "behind the walls". In orange this lead to a dramatic advantage when shooting from a high point (the tower in the middle of the map)

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The confusion that happens, at least on the admin end is very rare, and we're usually able to tell if the player in question is legitimately cheating or not.

And Orange is 100% crits. There's all sorts of far more game breaking things than third person. See the medic's vaccinator uber. That is ridiculously game breaking on a 100% crit server and we still keep it

And of course spies being able to 2 shot people with pin point accuracy (as long as they reload after every shot) with enforcers from all the way across the map

And snipers. They're the biggest culprits of all. They no longer need to get headshots to do full damage, so they're insanely OP on orange.

Point being third person isn't nearly as bad as most of the other stuff on orange. If snipers aren't nerfed there, the vaccinator is still allowed, etc. why should third person be singled out

BlackDown

Uncharitable Spy
I appreciatye a big inbalance from visible and invisible players. I don't care if spy kills with a shot or if scouts kills with two from far far ago.

The issue is when the player is "visible"

Spies and Snipers can kill with one shot but If you can see him you can defend from him.

If the sniper is "seeing you" behind a wall and only is visible when he shoots there is no chance of defend.

I'm not against of 3rd person. I'm against with 3rd person you can see above the wall and then kill with one shoot.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I appreciatye a big inbalance from visible and invisible players. I don't care if spy kills with a shot or if scouts kills with two from far far ago.

The issue is when the player is "visible"

Spies and Snipers can kill with one shot but If you can see him you can defend from him.

If the sniper is "seeing you" behind a wall and only is visible when he shoots there is no chance of defend.

I'm not against of 3rd person. I'm against with 3rd person you can see above the wall and then kill with one shoot.

Orange is not fair nor will it ever be. But if everybody uses !3, it effectively solves the problem. You're basically just refusing to give yourself as much advantage as possible (it's okay because it's Orange; just do it).

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I can kinda get the idea of why you wanted this. To an extent I can agree with you. But as far as im aware that ban was really the first of its kind from an Orange server for this. I dont think it happens enough for this really.