Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well some admins have trouble undstanding what dodging is ,and are banning for the wrong reason.

If someone rejoins after being kicked, that is not dodging. That is why its called a kick. its a warning, and they are allowed to come back and play, just not continue breaking the rules.

A dodge is. for example. A vote goes up to mute a player for micspamming. The person leaves the game, and rejoins when the vote is over so he doesn't get muted.

A dodge is, someone rejoining the game because he got gagged.

A dodge is a person rejoining because he got muted.

Those are just some examples. Stop banning people for rejoining after a kick. that isn't dodging. And im getting a little annoyed when i see admins do that.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well some admins have trouble undstanding what dodging is ,and are banning for the wrong reason.

If someone rejoins after being kicked, that is not dodging. That is why its called a kick. its a warning, and they are allowed to come back and play, just not continue breaking the rules.

A dodge is. for example. A vote goes up to mute a player for micspamming. The person leaves the game, and rejoins when the vote is over so he doesn't get muted.

A dodge is, someone rejoining the game because he got gagged.

A dodge is a person rejoining because he got muted.

Those are just some examples. Stop banning people for rejoining after a kick. that isn't dodging. And im getting a little annoyed when i see admins do that.
I agree. A dodge is also when somebody knows they're about to get kicked, banned, muted, or gagged and they log off before it can happen, stay off just long enough that they don't accidentally get caught by the command the admin is punching in, and then come back as if nothing happened.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If I warn them twice, tell them to cut it out twice, kick them, and they rejoin? They knew the consequences. The kick wasn't a HINT, it was telling them to GTFO, because they were breaking the rules.

Use your dodging bans how you would like.

Mark

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
What if a person gets muted, leaves the server, and doesn't come back for like half an hour? That's the only place where I can see some possible confusion arising. For example, what if they leave for only ten minutes? It's a bit of a gray area.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
if they rejoin right away its dodging. if they rejoin later throughout the day its not. common sense

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if they rejoin right away its dodging. if they rejoin later throughout the day its not. common sense
No shit. If they take more than 15 minutes, it sure as hell isn't dodging. It's their chance to have cut it out.

Mark

No shit. If they take more than 15 minutes, it sure as hell isn't dodging. It's their chance to have cut it out.
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying; Let's say a person get's vote-muted, they leave and join again after 15 minutes. Is this dodging or not?

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yeah, I officially describe "later" as 15 mins. By that time, they had time to NOT dodge, to realize that being a fucktard WILL get them kicked, etc. If they rejoin and keep doing it, yes, I will do a ban for dodging and the original offense. Kicking is telling them to GTFO, calm down, and act like a normal person. If they join right away? Yeah, I highly doubt they learned their lesson, especially if they ignored it after several warnings.

(Note: "Officially" is not official)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
what im saying is. banning someone for rejoining and calling it a dodge is not accurate. because they are not dodging anything.

they are not breakign a rule by rejoining. the yare allowed to rejoin. thats the purpose of a kick.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That's not what I'm talking about. I'm saying; Let's say a person get's vote-muted, they leave and join again after 15 minutes. Is this dodging or not?
If they keep doing shit that they were that they were muted for, yes. If they aren't, no.

Mark

what im saying is. banning someone for rejoining and calling it a dodge is not accurate. because they are not dodging anything.

they are not breakign a rule by rejoining. the yare allowed to rejoin. thats the purpose of a kick.
Zebras right. What you should do is issue a 5-15 minute ban. Sends the message you want to send, and you don't have to worry about banning someone for doing something that isn't really against the rules.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If they rejoin just to avoid the offense, AFTER they were warned several times, I consider it dodging. I believe they'll continue whatever they were kicked for doing, and were dumbasses to ignore said warnings.
A time limit may not be completely accurate.

Honestly, the most CIVIL thing to do would be to let them rejoin, see if they keep it up, and then do a ban for dodging. However, based on my experience with people I kick rejoining within the minute? The times they STOP is more rare than a Shiny-fucking-Pidgey.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Zebras right. What you should do is issue a 5-15 minute ban. Sends the message you want to send, and you don't have to worry about banning someone for doing something that isn't really against the rules.
Do you even know what we're talking about? We ban that long for DODGING. We do 15 minute bans, typically. You think we'd do a perma for that? :seriously:

Mark

Do you even know what we're talking about? We ban that long for DODGING. We do 15 minute bans, typically. You think we'd do a perma for that? :seriously:
I'm saying if you are giving someone a time limit for how long they need to stay off the server, then why bother? If you want them off the server for 15 minutes, then do a 15 minute ban, theres no reason to kick someone when you have a more useful means of getting your message across.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We don't do perma's for dodging. We do temporary bans, and that's if we feel that they will keep it up (which is how it is, 90% of the time, especially after ignoring two warnings) after they are kicked and rejoin. We issue 15 minute bans for dodging, typically, and that is how we handle things. We have popular enough servers that losing one person who's micspamming or exploiting will be replaced.

Moderators use discretion with their bans, and that's why they're moderators. Any further questions can be directed to me, possibly the other head admins, and Bottiger if you feel there is a misunderstanding. If somewhat controversial matters can be handled privately, handle them privately, unless you feel that the response is, in your opinion, incorrect or unfair and you would like the community's opinion.
Locking thread.

Bottiger

Administrator
A kick cannot be dodged unless it was done from the votemenu.

So you should not be banning someone for dodging if they rejoin after a kick. If you want to ban them for a few minutes then do that instead.

Reactions: Mark
Status
Not open for further replies.