Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Just a couple minor tweaks to some maps:

• Aztecan: There's an exploit where certain weapons such as the Cow Mangler and flare guns can damage Hale and potentially kill him through the invisible wall.
  • Missing: The rolling boulder trap about halfway through can kill Hale if he's too close to the invisible wall.

Reactions: Koni

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Just a couple minor tweaks to some maps:

• Aztecan: There's an exploit where certain weapons such as the Cow Mangler and flare guns can damage Hale and potentially kill him through the invisible wall.
    Missing: The rolling boulder trap about halfway through can kill Hale if he's too close to the invisible wall.

I have actually only recently discovered the boulder trap problem on Missing, I believe I still have the VMF for that so I can have a look at that.

As for Aztecan that's just a terrible map I don't even know why it's still on the server.

Dolan Trump

I have actually only recently discovered the boulder trap problem on Missing, I believe I still have the VMF for that so I can have a look at that.

As for Aztecan that's just a terrible map I don't even know why it's still on the server.
Yeah it was obviously lifted from Counter-Strike or something.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Aztecan: There's an exploit where certain weapons such as the Cow Mangler and flare guns can damage Hale and potentially kill him through the invisible wall..

There's lots of maps with exploits like that, however Bottiger gave hale massive amounts of damage resistance and some passive healing to help fix exploits like that so he shouldn't be dying to anything players shoot at him

This does cause the side effect of hales not being killable on certain maps tho, if they choose humiliation

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I assume players generally like it because they keep voting for it, but it has some buggy areas like players bypassing the motivator and hale not being killable if the humiliation is chosen

Dolan Trump

I assume players generally like it because they keep voting for it, but it has some buggy areas like players bypassing the motivator and hale not being killable if the humiliation is chosen

That and I've noticed the map doesn't even fully work in TF2. For example, at one point there's a fan you have to use to jump up a ledge (which is also a trap, since Hale can temporarily disable it). In GMod it spins, but in TF2 it does not, making the fact that it's a fan less obvious (also many new players die trying to climb up). And the way you win the map involves climbing up a wall, with no indicators that this is possible and no hint to do it; new players will think it's a dead-end.

On a semi-related note, I've noticed that a lot of Skial-edited/exclusive maps break in GMod; they spawn you in strange parts of the map requiring noclip to escape, and then most of the props are gone and the traps non-functional.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
That and I've noticed the map doesn't even fully work in TF2. For example, at one point there's a fan you have to use to jump up a ledge (which is also a trap, since Hale can temporarily disable it). In GMod it spins, but in TF2 it does not, making the fact that it's a fan less obvious (also many new players die trying to climb up). And the way you win the map involves climbing up a wall, with no indicators that this is possible and no hint to do it; new players will think it's a dead-end.

On a semi-related note, I've noticed that a lot of Skial-edited/exclusive maps break in GMod; they spawn you in strange parts of the map requiring noclip to escape, and then most of the props are gone and the traps non-functional.

There is a rotating entity that works in all Source MP Engine games apart from TF2, I believe it is called func_rotating.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper

The exclusive maps break if you try to use it anywhere out of Skial, including TF2 itself.