• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DJ Über Space Whale!

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I really like to play spy, and i think im okay at it. Ive used the vanilla watch for as long as i can remember, and i just no want to switch over to DR because it seemse better, the only problem is i need help with tactis. If you could help i would be really thankful!

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Try disguising as your own team if you're looking to activate it first-thing in a round. You won't suffer the pitfall of using it too obviously.

joemaster725

Contributor
I really like to play spy, and i think im okay at it. Ive used the vanilla watch for as long as i can remember, and i just no want to switch over to DR because it seemse better, the only problem is i need help with tactis. If you could help i would be really thankful!

now, i am not the best at spy, but make sure you take some damage before you ready the dead ringer. Use the saharan spy with it, you can uncloak right behind someone, and can barely be heard!

Morbuzka

Disguise as a friendly scout, jump in front of a heavy, wait until you have about half health, that pull dat baby out, heavy will be oblivious
:)

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You should get used to all invis watches, not just one if you want to be a good spy.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
wait until you take significant damage b4 you unleash the DR it makes the death feign look legit.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
what tactics? you get a get out of jail free card when you use the crutchbanana

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
how does sarharan spy help? sorry, ive always done base spy

Little to no attack noise, very suppressed decloak noise regardless of cloak type. I only use vanilla spy because I find YER only good for string-stabs anyway, but Saharan's a very nice set to have.

ArF

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
When going against a pyro, i like to shoot at them while retreating, if that doesnt kill them and you are running low on health run towards the nearest healthkit and activate the deadringer before you reach it and run away. don't take the healthkit. The ambassador is really useful in this situation because pyros normally run in a straight path when they chase you (easy headshot).
You can also just take the healthkit in this situation and kill them.
That was a really specific example but, spy in general is just trying to think of what the other player thinks you are going to do and doing the opposite.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When going against a pyro, i like to shoot at them while retreating, if that doesnt kill them and you are running low on health run towards the nearest healthkit and activate the deadringer before you reach it and run away. don't take the healthkit. The ambassador is really useful in this situation because pyros normally run in a straight path when they chase you (easy headshot).
You can also just take the healthkit in this situation and kill them.
That was a really specific example but, spy in general is just trying to think of what the other player thinks you are going to do and doing the opposite.

Ambassador's good for those razorback snipers that aren't fidgeting a whole lot, but otherwise I use and adore the stock revolver. Spamming six 20ish damage shots during a group firefight can help out the team more than saps and stabs sometimes.