Hedwig7s

Mildly Menacing Medic
I am aware of this suggestion: https://www.skial.com/threads/add-mann-vs-machine.92220/

Let's go through each of the issues 1 by 1:
MvM requires people to churn out new maps and content very frequently as the replayability is very low: Well there already is alot of community content if you look for it. You can make custom missions, use others missions, use custom maps, new powerups, ect... Heck even just having votes for random effects like enabling playing as bots n stuff would be fun!

A large part of it is also the cosmetic rewards, which we obviously don't have the ability to offer: Not necessarily, alot of people just play it for fun!

And each server only holds 8 players: I'm pretty sure there are ways to create up to 16 player lobbies.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I'm pretty sure there are ways to create up to 16 player lobbies.
there are, by disabling the safety on FlaminSarge's 10vM plugin, but it ends up limiting the bots to 16 out at any given time, which would affect many missions, since most official missions go as high as 22 (which is why the plugin's safety limits the player expansion to 10). a few official missions actually go as high as 25 bots at one time (usually as a few squads of fodder, so they almost never fill to capacity in practice.)

Reactions: MarshHag