「Coronarena」

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I get daily messages about my name due to this virus and it's gone from funny, to annoying, to me just responding to the messages in a zombie-like trance.

I'm not scared of the virus. I'm scared of how humanity is handling it. Some are trying, doing a good job with self isolation, and not freaking out. Others are just going about their day to day lives with a "rules don't apply to me" mindset and buying everything they see on store shelves.

Is there an upside to this? Depends what you class as an upside. The only upside I can think of is actually pretty dark so it barely counts.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
People fussing over a virus that is beat by basic hygiene.
Yeah, at least a quarter of the world's population is on lockdown unnecessarily, because you can just wash your hands for 20 seconds and you'll be alright.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Yeah, at least a quarter of the world's population is on lockdown unnecessarily, because you can just wash your hands for 20 seconds and you'll be alright.
They must not have used hot water. Guess they didn't get the memo.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
But what about ... THE GLOBAL ECONOMY [echoing].
Everyone is going to come out with a greater debt to the banks. I mean, where do people think all the bailouts are coming from, a big government pot?
Prepare for the highest interest rates you have ever seen, increased taxes and fuel prices to rocket.
There will be plenty of opportunity for work, but pay levels will be extremely low. Self employed and traders etc. will struggle. You may find that in the US the cost of health care will drop dramatically, you may even see the formation of an NHS type scheme just like the UK has.
What you all have to remember is this virus has only just started, there is no plan on how to come out of lockdown without the spread blowing up, it's not like we all hide from it for a month and it goes away. Governments are just trying to buy time. All eyes are on Wuhan to see if/how a second wave hits when they all come out of quarantine.