• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Robs-Insanity

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I really think Skial should bring back Control Point maps. Sure we have plenty of Attack/Defense maps, and even a few maps that are permanently locked onto such, but with the dropping of 5gorge for Suijin (I do believe that was the tradeoff.), a major hole is left in Skial's server setup. I don't know if the people who have a word on the situation care, or pay attention, but I think that all of Skial can really benefit from re-adding the gamemode into the server. Afterall, do we really need A Suijin Server, 'and' a Gunmettle Server? I get that Suijin is a popular map, but if it's already in the rotation, I see no reason why we couldn't, or shouldn't, appeal to diversity.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Skial did run control point maps for awhile but from the looks of it they weren't popular and didn't fill up well (or rather they stopped being popular). If 5CP maps were filling up the servers well you would see Skial running them still.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Quickplay killed off my beloved skial Egypt.

I would play the payload servers, but they're all instant respawn trash, which ruins the good maps, and makes the crappy ones (I'm looking at you, Goldrush) nigh unplayable deathmatch fests.

However, they are popular, so they won't be going anywhere.:D Call me fairly jealous of those who can actually stand to play on those maps for longer than a few rounds. At least the Valve payload servers aren't too terrible when fresh contracts drop.

ETA: I'm pretty sure instant respawn 32 player dustbowl is still around, if that's your thing.

GET NOPOKED

Unremarkable User
R.I.P Skial 5Gorge.
You weren't that popular.
Your regulars weren't great.
But I loved you. Rest in piece, dear friend.

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm not sure how many times we have to say this, but we have no control over servers dying. We have already done everything in our power to make our servers are the best available. And that is why we have way more players than anyone else.

The rest is up to you to keep your favorite server from dying.

If you can't do that, the only thing you can do is to complain to Valve to make them revert the quickplay change. There's no point for us in keeping servers up that don't have any players left on them, both fun-wise and money-wise. Complaining to us about it isn't going to bring the server back.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm not sure how many times we have to say this, but we have no control over servers dying. We have already done everything in our power to make our servers are the best available. And that is why we have way more players than anyone else.

The rest is up to you to keep your favorite server from dying.

If you can't do that, the only thing you can do is to complain to Valve to make them revert the quickplay change. There's no point for us in keeping servers up that don't have any players left on them, both fun-wise and money-wise. Complaining to us about it isn't going to bring the server back.

May I suggest a sticky in the TF2 section explaining this stuff?

I doubt it's going to stop all these threads, but it will at least be something we can point people to.