Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So this is the second time iv had this problem. The first time was about a week ago. All I can give as a description is, my computer freezes, my monitor then goes to sleep and does not come back on. The only way I can get back on my computer is though a hard reset.

System:
GeForce GTX 660
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 995 Processor.

I'm guessing that this to do with the processor but I could be wrong.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
CPU fan. Processor is overheating perhaps.
I dug a bit deeper into my computer, my processor does feel warm and the fan was not running as fast as it should of been. Tho I did move it a bit and it seems its going at its normal speed now.

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When looking about I got a program to look at my temps.

2s7jjtt.jpg

When looking around for what temp my processor should be, it said should be at 60-70 °C

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Are those tempatures from when you were idling on the desktop?

Also, does it only do this when you start to put some workload on it, such as when you play a game?

If those are idle tempatures, chances are your processor is overheating. The safe operating temperature from what I looked up online is 55-62c for that processor

But if your idling at 59c (60c being the average for that processor with the stock cooler under a full load from what someone said from personal experience) you're probably overheating.

Even if the fans are running at a normal pace, and even if you have multiple fans in there, they're not going to do much at all if your fan and heat sink especially are caked with dust.

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Are those tempatures from when you were idling on the desktop?

Also, does it only do this when you start to put some workload on it, such as when you play a game?

If those are idle tempatures, chances are your processor is overheating. The safe operating temperature from what I looked up online is 55-62c for that processor

But if your idling at 59c (60c being the average for that processor with the stock cooler under a full load from what someone said from personal experience) you're probably overheating.

Even if the fans are running at a normal pace, and even if you have multiple fans in there, they're not going to do much at all if your fan and heat sink especially are caked with dust.
Both the same speeds with games and idle. Infact when I was playing a game the temps slightly went down.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So this is the second time iv had this problem. The first time was about a week ago. All I can give as a description is, my computer freezes, my monitor then goes to sleep and does not come back on. The only way I can get back on my computer is though a hard reset.

System:
GeForce GTX 660
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 995 Processor.

I'm guessing that this to do with the processor but I could be wrong.
Have you checked Event Log for errors/warnings? Are you sure your HD is not going to sleep after being idle?

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Have you checked Event Log for errors/warnings? Are you sure your HD is not going to sleep after being idle?

This is all I can find around that time it happened.

1zzt6y8.jpg

Also my hd does not go to sleep by itself. I do that manually. I left the room for a minute, came back and i saw it happen basically.

I did find a driver update so im currently doing that

Last edited: