Phil

Wicked Nasty Engineer
right so i am starting to get a fair bit of metal and i was wondering whats the best way to work your way up to higher things.
scrap banking seems slow and tedious and although it garuntees you never get a loss i struggle to see an efficient way of gaining.
trading hats seems the way forward however i dont really want to risk crafting a hat because a significant amount of hats are worth less than 3 ref which is what the would cost me to make.
so i was just wondering if any of those of you out there with more buds than you can shake a stick at could offer some advice. thanks :)

D-Rex

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I find it interesting that keys are becoming worth more metal, but worth less money. I have been buying keys to sell @2.55 ref, and buying keys with 2.33 and reselling for a 2 scrap profit as well.

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
Well i see that you have a Team Captain, and that's worth quite a bit, for being a regular hat.
However you dont really have a lot of metal.
However i don't really know any real good metal-making advice than to take a shot at either crafting headgear, or buying keys.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Best is to invest a certain amount of USD into buds or bills and then to wait some weeks and resell for more.
Profit guranteed (untill Mann Co Economy crahses)
Also trade with noobs on 2fort. They sell you hats for cheap. Got a name tag and a pyro hat for 6 weapons there yesterday.

D-Rex

Also, I have 4 accounts I use to get weekly drops, then I scrap bank and sell all weapons for scrap for a constant income of metal.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I got my first bills hat for selling a $5 game to some idiot. Buying keys at 2.33 then selling for 2.55 is just a 1 rec for every 2 keys. Scrapbanking I find close t useless. The best way to get buds etc is uncrating an unusual, no matter which one. You get a 1 bud unusual, sell it. Buy an extremely cheap quicksell unusual and then sell it for full price. I know people that make like 5 buds a week or over a certain period of time doing this.

D-Rex

Pretty often, I probably make a few refined a day, depending. I don't get rich, I mostly got the extra accounts so that all of my playtime is earning me something. Having those accounts means I'm always earning SOMETHING while playing.

Phil

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Well i see that you have a Team Captain, and that's worth quite a bit, for being a regular hat.
However you dont really have a lot of metal.
However i don't really know any real good metal-making advice than to take a shot at either crafting headgear, or buying keys.
i know but post sale of that i will have metal

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Pretty often, I probably make a few refined a day, depending. I don't get rich, I mostly got the extra accounts so that all of my playtime is earning me something. Having those accounts means I'm always earning SOMETHING while playing.
Cool so you earn a few cents with drops. That really earns you something. You can buy / sell 1 refined for around 0.60 USD. I'm jealous that you earn so much. . with drops . . .

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Buy stuff for cheap and then overpricing it is the basis of like, everything. Someone desperate will come along and pay 1-2 rec more for it.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It really wasnt that off topic until you said that, but whatever.
I just think it's funny Piero cannot grasp the idea that this game isn't entirely about making money, and you don't need to invest money to be "rich"

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
I just think it's funny Piero cannot grasp the idea that this game isn't entirely about making money, and you don't need to invest money to be "rich"
Exactly what i think.
Two great minds, the same great thought.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Yup I gave him another idea without investing money. I just said investing a certain amount of USD into buds will give you a profit on the lon run as long as Mann Co Economy doesn't crash (it will at some point).
And if you trade you want to be successful. Why trade if your profit is just a few cents? The title of the thread is climbing the MannConomy so yea he wants to be successful and not just a scrap banker.