Bottiger

Administrator
We received this message from our host.

Several extremely large attacks in Chicago have caused bursts of packet loss in approximately the last ten minutes. These appear to be from a new botnet and we are in the process of blocking traffic from the involved hosts.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
so what exactly does that mean for skial and its servers as well as its users?

Servers may be laggy here and there until it passes.

This happens from time to time and always passes after about roughly several hours, give or take I believe.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
Servers may be laggy here and there until it passes.

This happens from time to time and always passes after about roughly several hours, give or take I believe.
ah, makes sense. Almost like Sony service days for the PlayStation network, gets a little laggy and slow for like 5 hours.

Bottiger

Administrator
We received another notice from our host.

A particularly large DDoS caused problems for us and upstreams a short while ago. We are currently analyzing it further and taking appropriate actions.

iStruggle to Run it on Mac

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm assuming you're using NFO for hosting. Disc FF has been laggy lately as well and they also use the NFO servers in Chicago, Illinois, USA. If it's only the Chicago servers that are being DDoS'd that's a big red flag in my opinion considering they have gaming severs in Seattle, San Jose, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, Denver, L.A, and Frankfurt, Germany.