mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Something like this;
444a22d4efdca29142f149da06350e47.png

People are constantly voting incorrectly on map changes and nobody knows about !revote. It would also just prevent accidental voting in the first place and rage when someone dies because they tried to switch weapons when a vote popped up.

I think map votes should be 5,6,7,8,9 and yes/no votes should be 5/6. The only class affected will be Engineer's destroy menu but I don't think that will be a big deal.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
It would also just prevent accidental voting in the first place and rage when someone dies because they tried to switch weapons when a vote popped up.

At least now you just have to click the button twice in order to bring the weapon up, I hate menus like the one you suggested because it doesn't matter what you do, the fucking thing won't go away unless you scroll with the mouse (and in the heat of the battle you probably won't think of that).

If someone could fix so that you can still change weapon while the menu is up and let me vote after I'm done decapitating the 4 miserable people ganging up on me I'll give it a +1. But for now -1.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
At least now you just have to click the button twice in order to bring the weapon up, I hate menus like the one you suggested because it doesn't matter what you do, the fucking thing won't go away unless you scroll with the mouse (and in the heat of the battle you probably won't think of that).

If someone could fix so that you can still change weapon while the menu is up and let me vote after I'm done decapitating the 4 miserable people ganging up on me I'll give it a +1. But for now -1.
That's the point of using 5,6,7,8... for the voting options. Unless you have bound your weapons to these numbers you should still be able to press 1,2,3.. and change weapons.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1

Fucking hate not being able to press the numbers to switch weapons when a vote comes up ;_;

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
nobody even thinks about using valve's voting system so they'll just think we dont have voting

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We also have cool down with SM voting. Anyway this thread is about changing the number to vote not about our voting system...

Oh yeah and it also shows up in chatlogs.

Bottiger

Administrator
This was already done a long time ago.

sm_umc_endvote_blockslots 3
sm_umc_rtv_blockslots 3
sm_umc_vc_blockslots 3
sm_umc_playerlimit_blockslots 3

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It may be slightly irrelevant, but whenever I use Mouse 3-Mouse 5 to swap weapons when a vote is up, it doesn't work, or select a vote. Does that have to do with it being assigned to low numbers, or is the votemenu related to other keys?

Bottiger

Administrator
Well I just checked the code and they removed those settings to a single variable in an update.
sm_umc_votemanager_core_blockslots

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Alright so what you're saying is that using the mousewheel (nextinv/previnv) to switch weapons won't vote... but a lot of people (like me) press the 1,2,3 keys to change weapons.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not sure if this is done due to the tag, but
Well I just checked the code and they removed those settings to a single variable in an update.
sm_umc_votemanager_core_blockslots
but this makes me think not.
I use the mouse wheel personally, but I'll +1.

Couldn't you just set like the number nine to remind you in 5 seconds or something? Something out of the way that no weapon slots are assigned to?