• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

ironliondoor

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Hi I just joined Skial recently but there are a few servers like trade servers and the idle servers that I cannot connect to. When the loading is done, there would be something pop up and say " your map [blahblahblah] differs from the server's"
What does that mean? Can anyone help me?

swarƒega

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Bottiger is correct, you have a different version of the map. So go to steam\steamapps\<account>\team fortress 2\tf\maps and delete that map and then try again. You should be ok.

ironliondoor

ok i just deleted it and now it says "cannot CRC map (mapnameblahblahblah), disconnecting" ????

swarƒega

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Go to your games library, right click on tf2 and click on properties. Go to the local files tab and then click on verifty integrity of game cache.

ironliondoor

since i have done that, my tf2 keeps crashing every few minutes of me joining a room, i havent tried getting in the idle or trade servers yet since they are full, but how do i fix my crashing now???

edit: oh yeah when i go to games library-properties-local files, it says Fragmentation: 5% is that good or bad? it used to be 0% before i did verify integrity of game cache

ironliondoor

someone please help! i cant even play team fortress anymore! (well, online mode, but havent tried singleplayer)

ironliondoor

can someone help me!?!?! ive been waiting for over 24 hours for someone to help me and i still cant play freaking team fortress 2?!?

ironliondoor

i searched on google for quite a while but i still dont get why tf2 keeps crashing and how to fix it !? !? !?

ironliondoor

well anyone know what the fragmentation is about? i used to have 0% until i did verify integrity of game cache

ironliondoor

okay so i did the verify integrity of game cache once more, then the fragmentation thing was back to 0% again and it doesnt disconnect, but it still doesn't let me get into the idle and trade servers

ironliondoor

i just did that, and tried the bottigers 24/7 idle server thingy and it comes up with this after the loading screen
"couldn't CRC map (blahblahblah), discconecting"
is there anybody else that has encountered this problem? how did u fix it..?