Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
It was a pretty fun map and as much as I know it never died out the server and constantly used to be extended.
It's been gone since August I think so I would really like it if it could be brought back.
Thanks
Devil

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
I believe it must've been pure coincidence that people left as it came on/it wasn't voted for much. There are a few maps that a lot of people despise but are played anyways.

Reactions: Percilius

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Warehouse even with a full server was too large. It even had roof and basement access. It could take a full 10 minutes to complete matches.

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
Warehouse even with a full server was too large. It even had roof and basement access. It could take a full 10 minutes to complete matches.
I don't disagree it was large. However, there are other maps (Urban Works, King) that are really big, and open, and take a long time to complete especially with jumping soldiers and pyros. Despite this both maps are very popular. A big factor to this is the abundance of supplement packs, and good camping/stronghold areas for red. I don't think the size made the map any more annoying than Urban Works' long matches.

The accessibility of the roofs weren't very viable for classes other than demo, soldier, and pyro. Engie would need to be exposed in order to make it up there (not to mention needing to sentry jump/boost) just to get a teleporter up. Bosses could easily jump up and challenge the very open nest.

The cap worked just fine and was an exciting battle sometimes to beat the boss with it.

Again, Warehouse had little to be undesired. There have never been any huge issues, in my experience, that warranted its removal.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It would be nice to at least know why you won't.
Just wondering if anyone knows how much community support would be needed to get it back in rotation?

Since its marked declined I'm assuming Bottiger doesn't feel the map would fill back up if he brought it back. If he was willing to bring it back with enough community support he would of marked the thread 'need supporters'.

But when Bottiger feels a map won't fill back up chances are he's right. He's been managing the servers since before 2011 if I'm not mistaken, with both player traffic statistics and personal experience he has a pretty good idea of when to get rid of a map and when to keep it.

Warehouse will probably not return unless it starts picking up in popularity again on other VSH/FF2 servers I'm assuming