Voomin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I played on the server for a couple of years and as of quarantine almost daily. I've made many friends on that server and it's the only one with good ping. The US 1 server isn't bad but Turbine isn't meant for 32 players and I often find one team has more engineers than the other making them win mid and it is often more of a camp fest than 24 player turbine already is. I play on pretty bad graphics with a low resolution and sometimes my frames will tank when 32 people are fighting in middle.

Reactions: Rappsure and Guts

Rappsure

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
The server was empty in the middle of the day so it was changed to something else.
considering that turbine is one of the most played maps in the game besides 2fort, I don't think its because of a popularity issue. It's or less people have jobs and school (which started up very recently for many players who are younger). Another thing to mention is that this turbine server developed it's own culture beyond what you'd find in the other turbine servers that you see all over the browsers list. There were regulars such as I, Guts, Jrayko, Retrospect, and many others. The server was a second home for us is one way you could describe it.

Another reason why many of us haven't just gone to the turbine+ server is because we find the 32 player count for the map a bit excessive to play in for a map that small. The map becomes a lot more spammy and spawn campy more than it already is. With less players you have a lot more ways to play the map.

But if you still don't want to change it back bc you want more map variety, perhaps you could make it a general ctf server much like how the "payload la" was originally "upward la." Its not often you see something like double-cross or well on the browser. You could even add workshop maps such as convoy to the mix.