• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Anzaman

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hello.

I just found out that Skial has couple of MvM servers now. Decided to connect to one and instantly got booted off and found myself banned from the server.

(TEAM) Heavy : another random guy joined
(TEAM) Demoman : no jizz
Type /votemenu for voting options.
Type !forum to visit our forums
Type !donate to get reserved slots and other benefits!
Demoman died.
Disconnect: You have been voted off.

So, now we aren't allowed to play there or what?

DeathSod

Legendary Skial King
Hello.

I just found out that Skial has couple of MvM servers now. Decided to connect to one and instantly got booted off and found myself banned from the server.

(TEAM) Heavy : another random guy joined
(TEAM) Demoman : no jizz
Demoman died.

So, now we aren't allowed to play there or what?
My guess is, if you were the demoman, that they got pissed at you dying. And voted you to be banned

Anzaman

My guess is, if you were the demoman, that they got pissed at you dying. And voted you to be banned
I joined the game... checked our team and went for Pyro, so I could reset the bomb if needed.

Purchased upgrades and got booted off as soon as I left the starting room.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Neither of you have bans of any sort recorded in SourceBans so I'm not sure what's going on.

Can you take a screenshot of the connection error when it doesn't allow you to connect?

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm able to connect to all other skial servers, expect this one.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/QXBUl.jpg

IP address for the server: 188.165.197.173:3005
OooooooooooK...

That IP is one of our servers... And that says you're banned... But you don't show up in SourceBans, unless you're using a different SteamID than the one you linked to your profile here. I even checked the IP and the other SteamID that's been connecting to our servers via that IP and none of them are in SourceBans.

Bott... Is MvM not connected to SourceBans?

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
See this is why I always use the password protected server when I play with my friends. It's just... easier.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I joined and found the server empty, never got kicked etc, so it is most likely that they were vote banned. do you guys want to try and connect again and see what happens, if it was a voteban, it would only be for 30mins, and this has passed now.
But like CD says it might not be showing on sourcebans correctly, so if you can let us know what happens.

Anzaman

I joined and found the server empty, never got kicked etc, so it is most likely that they were vote banned. do you guys want to try and connect again and see what happens, if it was a voteban, it would only be for 30mins, and this has passed now.
Aye, got in.

But still, it should be against rules to cause random votebans without reason(s).

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sounds like some guys wanted to play with 6 friends and they vote banned you so they could join

Anzaman

Sounds like some guys wanted to play with 6 friends and they vote banned you so they could join
Probably, but after I got booted off, Kala saw them just taunting on house and moment later just left. (Empty server, same map).

They could've simply told me if they would've needed extra slot for friend instead of being jerk.