• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

I2T0asty4U

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So I went on quickplay, then it got me in a skial server. I was playing the game like normal, then I just started conga-ing around as Heavy. I saw a box trot spy, so I decided to follow him with the box trot taunt. Then a few people joined us :D But we randomly died, and I read chat to see if we were slayed.Yes, we were slayed for being box trots for some reason. When I went conga I was never slayed or anything. We just continued to box trot. He slays us about 2 more times then kicks us. We all rejoined, joined RED again, then we got banned. I don't see why you would get banned for being friendly. Besides, it didn't say in the server rules that you cannot be friendly.
Being friendly is how some people meet new friends. I met like 4 friends in just those 5 minutes of box trotting in that server. The admin never said anything to us, and we didn't know who he (or she) was.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I went on quickplay, then it got me in a skial server. I was playing the game like normal, then I just started conga-ing around as Heavy. I saw a box trot spy, so I decided to follow him with the box trot taunt. Then a few people joined us :D But we randomly died, and I read chat to see if we were slayed.Yes, we were slayed for being box trots for some reason. When I went conga I was never slayed or anything. We just continued to box trot. He slays us about 2 more times then kicks us. We all rejoined, joined RED again, then we got banned. I don't see why you would get banned for being friendly. Besides, it didn't say in the server rules that you cannot be friendly.
Being friendly is how some people meet new friends. I met like 4 friends in just those 5 minutes of box trotting in that server. The admin never said anything to us, and we didn't know who he (or she) was.

As mocha said, there is a forum for appeal...but after you got slayed by an admin 3x, and kicked.....wouldn't you logically assume that you're doing something wrong?

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
"WAHH I got banned for being a friendly, WAAAHHH!"

Go be friendly somewhere else, or on a trade server where nobody cares.

I think I had a mild seizure from laughing so hard when this happened shortly after the conga hit.

234FF3B86A8F9C9D6E3F5DC301344E4C2CE1CB74

Reactions: Randy

Kane Adamson

Mildly Menacing Medic
Look at it from the server operators' and the players' perspective. If you're not actively playing, you're taking up player slots that could've gone to players who actually want to play. Also, when there are people not participating in the game, it can cause a chain reaction that depopulates a server and makes everyone unhappy: skial loses ad revenue due to the loss of players, players already in the game are pissed because they get stomped or stomp the enemy team, and players trying to connect are pissed because they can't play.

Reactions: sov

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Look at it from the server operators' and the players' perspective. If you're not actively playing, you're taking up player slots that could've gone to players who actually want to play. Also, when there are people not participating in the game, it can cause a chain reaction that depopulates a server and makes everyone unhappy: skial loses ad revenue due to the loss of players, players already in the game are pissed because they get stomped or stomp the enemy team, and players trying to connect are pissed because they can't play.
skial doesn't make money but other than that you're right