• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

ExplosiveCheese

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm a regular member of your servers and I was banned because I connected through my VPN. I think this is ridiculous, because some people NEED to use a VPN.

It's not necessarily me trying to avoid an IP ban on my main IP, just because I used a "Proxy IP". In fact I haven't done anything wrong at all.

Now I'm being auto-unbanned in 5 minutes, but this wasted my time and energy. Stop banning people for no good reason.

If this happens again I'm out.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
They autoban everyone who uses a proxy - it's automated. I'm sure an admin will give you a better explanation than I can, but generally posturing and threatening isn't exactly a good way to get your problem resolved. Just saying.

ExplosiveCheese

Scarcely Lethal Noob
radcliffe%20deal%20with%20it.jpg

Worst case scenario, we lose a butthurt whining player

Actually, I'm neither butthurt nor whining. I've seen worse people on your servers than me, as I actually play the game in a friendly manner. When I can...

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I'm not sure there's anything I can do for you before Bottiger or Roman see this, but please explain why you need to use a VPN.

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Also if you link your Steam and forum accounts it will make it much easier for us to see what's going on.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm a regular member of your servers and I was banned because I connected through my VPN. I think this is ridiculous, because some people NEED to use a VPN.

It's not necessarily me trying to avoid an IP ban on my main IP, just because I used a "Proxy IP". In fact I haven't done anything wrong at all.

Now I'm being auto-unbanned in 5 minutes, but this wasted my time and energy. Stop banning people for no good reason.

If this happens again I'm out.
You're supposedly only using it for uTorrent, so disable uTorrent while you're in game; Then you can disable the vpn tunnel while you're in game, and re-enable it when you're done playing.

It's not possible to pick and choose cases like this, you could be assigned any IP provided by the service you've been using, the other ones apparently not on the list of public vpn services.

If you rent your own vps and host your own vpn server, you are allowed to use a vpn. It's only public vpn services that are blocked in order to prevent abuse.

Proposed solution in the first sentence.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There's too many people that use Proxies to try and avoid bans so that's why we have this. Either use your own VPN or don't use one. Be mad at the people who try to dodge bans for this, not us.

ExplosiveCheese

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Oaky

That's what I'll do from now on, but I continue to torrent in the mornings and didn't expect a ban. Btw, as far as I know PureVPN only gives me one IP per server.

But how exactly can the console tell if I'm using a VPN/Proxy? I thought a VPN could completely mimic a normal connection.

@Everyone
Sorry if I seemed rude (Most likely).

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@Oaky

That's what I'll do from now on, but I continue to torrent in the mornings and didn't expect a ban. Btw, as far as I know PureVPN only gives me one IP per server.

But how exactly can the console tell if I'm using a VPN/Proxy? I thought a VPN could completely mimic a normal connection.

@Everyone
It detects it from a list of IP blocks we have. So we have all the PureVPN IPs blacklisted (and most public proxy and vpn services)

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
@Oaky

@Everyone
Sweet, glad to have you.

There are lists of IPs registered to companies that host vpn services, when you connect your ip is compared to the list.

You've connected from like 3 or 4 different ips so far, the other ones just must not have been on the list of ips.

edit: pants'd :mad: