AgentApple50

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
First off, I want to state that I'm alI for allowing people to play whatever and however they like, but I just want to share my beliefs as to why I think Sentry Guns should be an exception to this rule, and should ultimately be banned from being built on the server.

Engineer specializes in area-denial. As an Engineer, you typically want to place your Sentry Gun near a choke point or objective to prevent the enemy from making progress. However, this Hightower server has a slight modification. The Payloads are completely immobile and cannot be moved by any means.

This is a problem. Since the server is strictly Deathmatch, your objective is to get kills and practice your skills at the game. Sentry Guns don't take any effort and you don't improve by placing them. All you do is prevent other players from entering a section of the map, which is frustrating to play against. In fact, I've heard Engineer players tell me they place Sentry Guns simply because they know it makes people annoyed or angry.

What ends up happening is once one person goes Engineer and starts placing Sentry Guns, more people start going Engineer. This leads to a majority of the map being filled with Sentry Guns, which makes the map unbearable for players and ruins the experience for everyone.

I think that if Sentry Guns were banned on Hightower, the server would become much more fun for everyone.

Please let me know what you think, cheers!

AgentApple50

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
everything you have written wasnt a worthwhile contribution, so why should i?
you know what? fuck it
is that sentry over there causing too much trouble? pick an explosive class
too shit to use an explosive? pick spy
too shit to fucking even sap something? play a different game
honestly what is wrong with you? just because you dont like area denial isnt the engineer's problem, its yours and the fact that you think that its a valid argument is so laughable i might die from hysteria
I'm simply stating my opinion on the matter. There's nothing wrong with me, but your consistent aggressive attitude despite me being friendly and open makes me believe there's something wrong with you.

I've already stated that this thread isn't gonna go anywhere so I'm not gonna bother arguing with you anymore.