• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Should the gain and removal of boost be balanced?

• Total voters

Petalmeat299

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have been using it and have noticed that the damage to get boost is WAAAY lower then it is when it is taken away.
I could shoot a person with my pistol for 1 shot and get a smudge of boost.
But they shoot me? It takes away almost half my meter.
Is it fair? Should the gain and removal be balanced?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have been using it and have noticed that the damage to get boost is WAAAY lower then it is when it is taken away.
I could shoot a person with my pistol for 1 shot and get a smudge of boost.
But they shoot me? It takes away almost half my meter.
Is it fair? Should the gain and removal be balanced?
Used to be decent, now it's awful. You can take a bison shot from across the map and lose your boost.

ULTRAMAXIMUM SALT

Scarcely Lethal Noob
In the past, it was insane. Smash some people a few times, and close the distance. Get right into their guts and kill them.

Nowadays you can play it as a joke weapon. Something to do when Scattergunning is tired.

|LABS| Minty Coffee

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The old version of it was fair, and balanced just fine. Yeah, you outran the hitbox, but that's the problem of the hitbox, not the weapon. Valve should stop being lazy and fix the game's wonky hitboxes. You traded the scout's main survival technique - double jumps - for a different playstyle, hyper-aggressive flanking. Taking damage to lose that boost is just horrible, especially since it only takes 25 damage to lose what took you 100 damage to get. Losing boost on an air jump was just fine.