Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Pruned some drama out of this thread.

Let's keep this as a good resource to get insight into SteamRep, and not argue about whether or not you find SR useful or argue about your opinions being oppressed.

So sorry it's taken me so long to respond here- we've been slammed lately!

Which is why all trade servers should have messages to check people out on Steamrep.

Do our servers do that? They totally should.

Well, your servers have the SteamRep plugin which allows server admins to query our database whenever someone joins. Every server admin configures it differently, but I wonder if we could add this as an option if we don't already? I'll have to ask Jameless about it (he coded the SR plugin).

How much people ask for stuff from you a day?

If by stuff you mean items, that is REALLY rare. If by stuff you mean information, I had to create the Steam group Talk To HelenAngel because so many people were trying to add me with questions! =) It depends on the day. Some days I won't get any questions, others I'll get 10 or more.

How much beer does a SteamRep Admin drink, If a SteamRep Admin does drink beer?

Ooooh, very interesting question. Well, I don't drink beer personally (for some reason it gives me headaches) nor does Mattie drink beer but I know Diego drinks beer, Butane drinks beer on occasion, and I *think* Chaos drinks beer. I have no idea about the other admins. How much beer? You'd have to ask them. =D It probably depends on the day. -lol-

Re: The Pocket Purrer - I had no idea Valve would implement it but I was absolutely over the moon when they did. :) Now cat hat, please. =D

What are the steps of becoming the most awesomest middleman in history?

First, be very active within a community. One of the biggest qualities of a middleman is trustworthiness.
Second, build up lots of solid reputation and NOT on your Steam profile. It doesn't hurt, of course, but you should have a good reputation thread in the community where you are actively involved.
Third, learn from other middlemen. Ask someone else who is already middlemanning to train you.
Fourth, be skeptical. Do your due diligence on all parties EVERY time. This not only protects you but the people you are helping.
Fifth, stay clean & don't scam. This may seem like a no-brainer but some middlemen have gone down in spectacular falls of glory because they couldn't resist scamming under an alt or repeatedly did trades with marked scammers & hijackers. Trading with hijackers especially can get you in serious, serious trouble (and I'm not even talking about SteamRep here). Can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding. =D