Hello! I am one of the admins over at SteamRep. As Skial is a huge community and one of our Affiliate communities, I thought I'd start a thread here where anyone can ask me a question directly. =) I've gotten the impression that some people aren't really sure who we are or what we do so hopefully this can clear up and questions, misconceptions, etc.

So ask away!

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
How old were you when you lost your virginity?

Seriously:
Do you have any support from Valve with your investigations, like can they confirm that 2 account share the same IP even if they never went on a tf2 server for us to see?

Reactions: Isil

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Apparently I'm listed as an SR admin (or at least that's how a few of us understand it) being that I'm a Skial admin/moderator. I was wondering exactly what that actually entails.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Stickied this for a while. HelenAngel is awesome, and this could be a good way to shed some light on how SR operates (and how we'll also be operating with all scammer-related activities, as well).

Reactions: Isil

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well, since nobody seems willing to ask a question, I'll go first.

Helen, describe a bit about your particular role among the SteamRep staff and what it is you do.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, since nobody seems willing to ask a question, I'll go first.

Helen, describe a bit about your particular role among the SteamRep staff and what it is you do.
Wutchu talkin bout, theres like 3 questions above you.

Da_money125

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I have a question. I heard you could be marked on steam rep for trading with known scammers, is this true?

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have a question. I heard you could be marked on steam rep for trading with known scammers, is this true?
What are the penalties for trading or buying from SCAMMERs?

If you knowingly trade with scammers, you are putting your reputation at risk. SteamRep's policy is to be understanding when an innocent trader makes a mistake or when the monetary value is relatively low. Yet, we cannot encourage scammers to profit from their theft.
  • New traders: New traders who are unaware of SteamRep will not receive penalties to their reputations, but will receive a one-time warning.
  • First offense:
    • Item/Game trades: You will receive a one-time warning for any high-value item or game trade with a SCAMMER. (This warning will be a temporary CAUTION tag that will be removed when you contact SteamRep admins.)
    • Cash trades: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag for buying high-value items from a marked scammer. Helping scammers profit is not something we can encourage.
  • Second offense:
    • You were already warned: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag.
    • You already have a CAUTION tag: You will receive a SCAMMER reputation tag.
  • Third offense: You will receive a SCAMMER reputation tag.

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
What are the penalties for trading or buying from SCAMMERs?

If you knowingly trade with scammers, you are putting your reputation at risk. SteamRep's policy is to be understanding when an innocent trader makes a mistake or when the monetary value is relatively low. Yet, we cannot encourage scammers to profit from their theft.
  • New traders: New traders who are unaware of SteamRep will not receive penalties to their reputations, but will receive a one-time warning.
  • First offense:
    • Item/Game trades: You will receive a one-time warning for any high-value item or game trade with a SCAMMER. (This warning will be a temporary CAUTION tag that will be removed when you contact SteamRep admins.)
    • Cash trades: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag for buying high-value items from a marked scammer. Helping scammers profit is not something we can encourage.
  • Second offense:
    • You were already warned: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag.
    • You already have a CAUTION tag: You will receive a SCAMMER reputation tag.
  • Third offense: You will receive a SCAMMER reputation tag.

Marking people as scammers just for trading with scammers seems a little excessive to me.