• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Ban or no

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gamer4605

Banned
So, here we are. ArraySeven recently dropped a video about why both friendlies and tryhards are needed for tf2 to succeed and there is a bit in the video where he friendlies on skial’s 2fort server. Here is the video
timestamp 8:49
I will stay neutral about this but I’d like to see what people have to say about this.

Kyxlect

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1 to banning his ass. He doesn't say it in the video or the description that what he did on a skial server was wrong or against the rules and not to do it. He's essentially advertising to his large audience that skial is open to such behavior in my opinion. The only question is if the clip was sufficiently long enough for the admins to deem it worthy of a ban. I mean he mentions that he was going around friendlying, getting high fives and these clips are cut so he could have been doing it for a long time.

ArraySeven Steam ID to save time: [U:1:53483883]

Last edited:

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
In my gaming humblest opinion, we are ALL born to be "competitive" with a heaping dose of seeking gratification for winning. If you ain't tryin, why sink your hard earned cash into games/puters in the first place? It's ME v YOU mentality. Survival of the fittest. What game offers 9 different hero classes to become gud at?? If a player is FFing in a casual server meant for improving your mad skiilz, should I stop.....pull up a lounge chair and ask the question, "Oh Haiiii!! How yah doiin? How's granny/pa? You don't say?? Yadayadayada!! BLAM!!! I'm DEAD!! Dammit!!! You get my drift.
The animation, sound, strats, maps, players who play for the bloodsport of it, all packed in these mods. Come on now!! Don't matter what generation you from, refer to my 1st sentence above.
Okay I'll stop here as those who kept up to me this far, thanks! As for those who cut me off after my last period and said F*****F!! That my friend IS on YOU!

Miles Kilo

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Man friendlied on a 2fort server to make a video I don't think he should get banned for that

It's not like him friendlying on 2fort ruined the game like friendlying on vsh

Kyxlect

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Man friendlied on a 2fort server to make a video I don't think he should get banned for that

That implies that YouTuber's would receive special privilege's while even skial's donators are subject to rule enforcement. I do not agree with that.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1 to banning his ass. He doesn't say it in the video or the description that what he did on a skial server was wrong or against the rules and not to do it. He's essentially advertising to his large audience that skial is open to such behavior in my opinion. The only question is if the clip was sufficiently long enough for the admins to deem it worthy of a ban. I mean he mentions that he was going around friendlying, getting high fives and these clips are cut so he could have been doing it for a long time.

ArraySeven Steam ID to save time: [U:1:53483883]

+1
At 3:12 - 3:17, he mentions idles/trade servers for those who are -5 for players who like to like to just chat/hang out with the notable Skial banner in background. Though I haven't been on either, it stands to reason, both imply opportunities for these non-combat players to visit there instead.

Since i don't want to be selective about parts of this particular Steam community tf2 player opinion/view on the subject of harm in "friendling" in casual servers, here is his thread I saw.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/1646544348829374773/

Last edited:

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor

Though Arrayseven created his own view in differences tween friendling vs competitiveness play, he spoke after first 11:08 of his vid explanation, that he ADMITS tf2 should remain "competitive" FULL STOP.
So he and all players are NO exception to the Skial rules against FFling and the consequences that follow.

Last edited:

Anub?

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
...did anyone make an actual report? I'm pretty sure this would constitute easy evidence lol