• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Milkman84

Unremarkable User
We the removal of Quickplay and it being changed to "Casual", it's become a lot more difficult adapting the fact that you cannot simply hop into a server in a few seconds and play a good unranked game. When Quickplay was still around, I used to pub here as my "Alternative Quickplay" when I'm bored or when I want to play with a team with coordination and just have fun with different kinds of people (and pings.)

Do you think that Skial promotes pubs good enough? I personally think so. Voting system has never been more efficient compared to what we used to have in Valve servers, appealing bans is also a thing, SMAC is taking care of people with cheats when VAC isn't looking, it's a wonderful bunch of features in these servers.

Or do you know any other community servers that also good at promoting pubs?

Milkman84

Unremarkable User
Skial should open some no-crit servers, because reasons.
That's an idea, but perhaps we already have too much variety between servers anyway, and making a third variety would increase the amount of servers that need to be hosted

>24/24 player slot, fast respawn
>32/32 player slot, fast respawn
>24/24 player slot, normal respawn

See what I mean?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's an idea, but perhaps we already have too much variety between servers anyway, and making a third variety would increase the amount of servers that need to be hosted

See what I mean?
Only variety I see is the instant respawn, the + is just player slots, not a gameplay changing factor.

Bottiger

Administrator
We were the go-to pubs for many years now. Our servers were 20-30x more populated and filled for much longer periods of times for at least 4 years already.

The people who disagree with this (especially on reddit and spuf) are simply in denial.

We don't promote ourselves anywhere and don't see a need to.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per

See what I mean?

Make all servers no-crit, dump fast respawn on the 24 slot servers. There, now they all are instantly better.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Make all servers no-crit, dump fast respawn on the 24 slot servers. There, now they all are instantly better.

I disagree with making them all no crit.

I would be interested in have one no crit server to start off with an seeing where it goes, of course if Bottiger wants to try it.

Deftone.dM

Mildly Menacing Medic
We were the go-to pubs for many years now. Our servers were 20-30x more populated and filled for much longer periods of times for at least 4 years already.

The people who disagree with this (especially on reddit and spuf) are simply in denial.

We don't promote ourselves anywhere and don't see a need to.
But you are the best community ever! < See what I did there?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I disagree with making them all no crit.

I would be interested in have one no crit server to start off with an seeing where it goes, of course if Bottiger wants to try it.

Why not leave it up to server vote?

I don't know jack about coding plugins but I assume its possible to make a votemenu option to turn crits on and off on the fly, allowing the server to decide. After all, one of the reasons Skial became so popular is because Bottiger made the servers based around what the majority of players want.

If the majority wants no crits the majority will vote for no crits using the votemenu. If they all happen to want crits on at the time they can vote to turn them on.

Milkman84

Unremarkable User
Why not leave it up to server vote?

I don't know jack about coding plugins but I assume its possible to make a votemenu option to turn crits on and off on the fly, allowing the server to decide. After all, one of the reasons Skial became so popular is because Bottiger made the servers based around what the majority of players want.

If the majority wants no crits the majority will vote for no crits using the votemenu. If they all happen to want crits on at the time they can vote to turn them on.
True, since they have a turn crits off/on every cap vote.

Sil

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Yeah, I've been playing on them for nearly 1k hours, that's 66% of my TF2 hours. I assume the rest is MVM or something.

Sil

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
almost 4k hours for me, I do like this place, thanks Bottiger for providing us scrubs with a place to play :innocent:

Agreed. Idk, I bounced around when I first got the game 2.5 years ago to random servers but I just stuck with Skial because of the community and well-maintained server base.