Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Or are they gimmicky?

My cheap $5 standard mouse is fighting me so I was considering a gaming mouse

Also, what is all the "DPI" stuff about?

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's more of a superfluous thing than a gimmick.

For pretty much anything you do gaming or otherwise, there's really never a reason to go out and get a $50+ mouse with buttons all over the place and DPI up the butt.

Look into the Logitech G400, or stuff similar to it.
-Fits into your hand nicely, provided you're right-handed.
-Has an M4/M5 button that can be bound for voice chat or other stuff in games, and moves back and forth between web pages.
-Little out-of-the-way DPI changing buttons which help when you wanna lazily change sensitivity outside of settings.
~$30

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King

For pretty much anything you do gaming or otherwise, there's really never a reason to go out and get a $50+ mouse with buttons all over the place and DPI up the butt.

-Has an M4/M5 button that can be bound for voice chat or other stuff in games, and moves back and forth between web pages.
-Little out-of-the-way DPI changing buttons which help when you wanna lazily change sensitivity outside of settings.
~$30
But muh Roccat Kone Pure...

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor

~$30
I have a Logitech G400 that I got for $25 on sale a year ago and it is awesome as far as control and accuracy go. I would strongly recommend it also.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
DPI stands for Distance Per Inch. It basically is how many pixels, or how far your cursor is going to go per inch. So lower DPI would obviously translate to a sensitivity that felt lower.

Also as it comes to "Gaming Mice." Razer is a bit overrated, you can find plenty of other decent mice that aren't nearly as ridiculously overpriced, but if you want a recommendation, the Mionix Naos 3200 has been supporting me for almost a year and a half now and I love both the mouse and the company.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS mouse is quite nice for precision FPS gameplay. That is, if FPS is your primary intended use.

Corsair-Vengeance-M65-05.jpg

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-m65-fps-laser-gaming-mouse-white-artic-white

Reactions: staticvoid

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
QehgI6c.jpg

I had best buy gift cards, so I got a Logitech G502 a while ago. Absolutely amazing mouse, dearly love it and unlike every other mouse I ever tried I still is going strong after some time.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
QehgI6c.jpg

I had best buy gift cards, so I got a Logitech G502 a while ago. Absolutely amazing mouse, dearly love it and unlike every other mouse I ever tried I still is going strong after some time.
Had that before it broke and it was gr8

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
Considering it looks like someone took a belt sander to the G400 and drew a tiger on it, we can safely put that one in the "stuff similar to it" pile.
3600 dpi with 4 dpi settings vs 200-8200 dpi (pick 5 of any setting incrementing from 200 to 8200, thus ~40 different dpi)
achievements (inoujelly)
other features that yours doesn't have that mine does

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I got my hands on a RAT 7 for like $35 (the one Bottiger posted, but wired). I always forget that I even have extra buttons and a side-scroll wheel.

You can customize it to fit in your hand how you want it to and the weights, and it works on glass surfaces, but that's it. I wouldn't of paid $100 for this mouse.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i dont really know, but i'd just pick something good looking and comfortable to use

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
I have an old Logitech G9X that is begging to be replaced, been using it for five years now. I'd go with Logitech given the experience with their mice, I'm using a M510 for my laptop, that I've had for over two years now and the batteries barely died earlier this month. I forgot it even ran on batteries, this wireless thing is a beaut.

hXcjedders 2

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
DPI Switches are nice but don't buy a mouse for mouse macros because mouse macros are literally the worst thing ever.